Authenticating a Tokai Hummingbird E-350 Acoustic

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will

Reaction score
Hello There

I'm new to the forum - but have enjoyed looking through the forums very much - some real knowledge here - I purchased a Tokai Hummingbird Acoustic E-350 on a recent trip to Japan - had never seen on before and it sounded great - back home a struggling to find out anything about the guitar - has anyone heard of - or have any information in this guitar it would be greatly appreciated - haven't worked out how to attach pics yet - Cheers Will[/img]

Hi, see if you can post a pic. You need to take a photograph and upload to a site like photobucket. You can then paste the image code in the message. Have a go it's quite easy when you get the hang of it.

Also check the model number on the label - are you sure it's E-350 and are there any other numbers? Is the guitar old or new?

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for the quick response - here are the pics - thanks for the tips - yes the number is E-350 - see pics - can't find any other numbers on the guitar - guitar looks and feels old but then again how knows these days - the label says E Series - Tokai E series guitars assure you of sensible feeling and the best quality - E 350 - Made by Tokai - it has a hummingbird inlay at the end of the fingerboard - Cheers Will

DSC02814.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

Will, thanks for posting the pic's. Sorry but I've looked at all the brochures here on the registry and quite a few other places as well and I can't find anything remotely like that.

I've got a fairly new humingbird and I used to have a cats eyes. Never seen one like that (old or new) and to me and the logo doesn't look "right". We'll have to see what others think.

Dave

Thanks Dave - you're a machine - agree never seen a tokai like this before - it all looks wrong which is why I think I bought it in the first place - looking forward to seeing what others have to say - Cheers Will

Latest posts

Back