Whats with the disappearing threads..?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stratman323 said:
ned said:
I think I've made it so people can't reply to classified posts

So what if somebody was to advertise an MIJ Love Rock in the classifieds that was obviously not MIJ but MIC? Can nobody point out the error?

If that was the case, i would start a new thread directly under it exposing the untruths.....

There is no reason that we should not be able to correct misleading posts.
I find the lack of thought around here kind of ironic. Someone comes here, wrongly advertises,someone else buys then finds out it isn't what was advertised.......Then they can blame Ned because some sensitive prick had a whine about his reputation being soiled and Ned knee jerked again and stopped us commenting, so the disgruntled buyer decides to threaten Ned with a law suit because his silly rules led to the botched sale......Doesn't quite fix the problem then does it...?
I'll just go back to the other forum i frequent and say what i please because they have a little more common sense over there....... :roll:

Mick

Apparently you don't read.

You should PM the person and politely point out the misprint. If they refuse PM me and I'll pull the ad.

singemonkey said:
But I would not advertise on a forum on which a free flowing debate and sharing of opinions about the item in question goes on that I can't control. A totally legitimate item may end up looking shifty through a few wrong turns of the comments...

And a perfectly legitimate item can end up looking way better than what it is, if only positive opinions are allowed.
Since nobody can actually play a guitar when selling on the internet, only the seller knows what it is like, and the seller is biased towards his own interests.

Most of the time PMs are too slow and the seller can simply ignore them, thus gaining themselves enough time to make a sale (probably not at the moment because things are slow).

I won't be following your neat and tidy suggestion. :wink:

ned said:

You should PM the person and politely point out the misprint. If they refuse PM me and I'll pull the ad.

I think you got the fundamentals wrong.

You provide a classifieds section, so you should keep track of what's going on there, not us. It's like shifting responsibility.
You had a working situation where we kept an eye on it for you and could repond fast and as far as I can see in a polite manner. Now the forum stops being a safe place to buy a guitar; it can be sold very quickly without us/you having the chance to intervene. What if it's a Fakai, do you take responsibilty? It will not be good for the forum name that's what I can tell you.

ned said:

Apparently you don't either, you are still listing Canadian shops on this site that sell fake Tokai guitars which have been verified by Tokai Japan.

I politely pointed it out in the classifieds because it was in the best interest of the forum, which once again doesn't seem to be your highest priority.....
You are completely missing the point here Ned, sometimes you don't appear here for weeks on end, that is plenty of time for an unscrupulous seller to do his stuff, actually it only takes a couple of hours and if one of our switched on members can point it out to the masses without being nasty about it {which was what i did in this thread} then i see absolutely no problem at all, there are plenty of others here that agree as well. And since when do new members appear just to sell a guitar and start preaching their own set of rules.......Don't we get anything for our loyalty..? One more point, I did PM the guy, he just handled it poorly.....

Mick

ned said:

If anyone doesn't read on here Ned, it's you. This is yet another knee-jerk reaction from you, one of so many - a bit like when you threatened to shut the forum a year or so ago, then quickly retracted when you realised you had over-reacted.

A PM to you is often ignored, & frequently met with an irritable response. More than once you have posted "Stop sending me PMs!!!" But more to the point, you won't allow anyone else on here to moderate the forum, but you seem to be reluctant or unwilling to monitor it closely yourself. You insist on having total control, whether it's in the best interests of the forum or not. And then you talk to use like we're children if anyone dares to complain!

Why can't you stop talking down to us, engage with us, & delegate a little? Then we would all be happier. Including you.

The last person I let mod got myself and the forum into trouble. Those who are wanting to be mods are the ones I get PM's about complaining of being hostile and respectful.

I have other forums where none of this stuff happens, only here.

And I answer every PM that is worth answering. If I'm asked a question where the answer is in a sticky/announcement then I don't answer simply because the answer is readily available on the forum.

ned said:
The last person I let mod got myself and the forum into trouble. Those who are wanting to be mods are the ones I get PM's about complaining of being hostile and respectful.

And I answer every PM that is worth answering. If I'm asked a question where the answer is in a sticky/announcement then I don't answer simply because the answer is readily available on the forum.

I want to be mod, any complaints about me?

ned said:

"Those who are wanting to be mods are the ones I get PM's about complaining of being hostile and respectful."

Hostile & respectful? Well that's an interesting combination!

As for moderators, one of the two is Ian. Ian last posted in 2005. I would respectfully suggest that this makes him a not-terribly-suitable person to be a mod.

As for you answering "every PM that is worth answering", your reply speaks volumes. So many of us are simply not worth replying to eh? Great....

OK, tell me this then. The last UK Convention was over 18 months ago, now overtaken by the second one last month. After the first one was over, I sent you several PMs politely asking you to remove the "sticky" status of the 2 threads about this event in the General Discussion forum. It seemed to me that it was misleading to have a sticky advertising an event that was over. Not one of my PMs to you received a reply, & the redundant threads are still stuck at the top, needlessly confusing people.

Presumably my PMs to you were neither "worth answering" nor worth actioning?

I have held back from saying anything in the past, & it saddens me to write this now, but it seems to have got to the stage where you hold in contempt the very people who have made this forum the success it is today. I find that very sad, & I can't help wondering why you still wish to retain absolute control over a forum you seem to have no time for?

If you dislike the forum so much then you can go away, purchase the forum or go build your own. We've seen how well the build your own worked for the last group that tried.

Can't imagine Mike disliking the forum seeing his amount of posts..

Nice insight though in what your aiming at with your conduct:
ned said:
purchase the forum

ned said:
I think I've made it so people can't reply to classified posts

Ned. You have often been accused of running the forum for the benefit of dealers and sellers and I have always given you the benefit of the doubt. But the deleted threads along with this thread and particularly the above quote make it clear I was mistaken. I intended to quote from my previous posts to show that I have supported you in the past when you were under pressure but it seems those threads were deleted as well. History being rewritten!

I now feel the title 'Marketing tool' fits better than 'Forum'.

A pity.

Chris

ned said:
If you dislike the forum so much then you can go away, purchase the forum or go build your own. We've seen how well the build your own worked for the last group that tried.

Well after reading your last couple of arrogant and ill informed posts Ned you can jam this forum right up your arse. You are a rude prick on a power trip, it is the people on this forum that have made it what it is and it is YOU that is letting all that slip. And for your information, the other forum was doing very well, the problem was that it was a public forum and your BUDDY Topgs the megalomaniac had it removed because he didn't like people talking about his completely devious business practices. Pander to the wankers all you like Ned because that is all you will be left with.....

See you guys and if someone else buys the forum them let me know,lets hope it is run by someone that doesn't blame everyone else for their own short comings.......

Mick

Calling me obscene names is going a little to far. You guys back me into corners then get angry and argumentative when I push back. Then you act little entitled babies when you don't get your way.

This forum was set up to share information about Tokai guitars not to buy and sell them. Originally a donation system was setup to help defer the costs but since no one donates I allowed advertisers. We have 1 advertiser that does not participate other than the banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back