price on a reborn old LS120?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Villager, welcome to the Tokai Forum :-? . If it?s in a UK shop I?d guess maybe ?1000 (+/- ?200). Reborn is quite rare above LS80, especially in UK . Note that Reborn Old is worth maybe 15% less than Reborn Les Paul model, simply due to fashion for Les Paul name on headstock (it?s the same guitar). Note also that LS120 is actually identical to LS80, except 120 has Dimarizo Pups (& maybe discrete caps instead of circuit board in control cavity ? need to check that) :-? .

Ian.

cheers ian,
I'm new to old tokai's,lol .. and need all the help i can get ..
I didn't realise the 80 and the 120 were that similar. just the pups and circuitboard (whats with that?) I think that the LS 80's are better value in that case..
would you say the LS80 early love rock 1980/81 is preferred to the LS60 lespaul reborn? or is the premium paid for the les paul on the headstock worth more than anything else..
(I have my eye on a few different ones and I'm trying to establish where the demand will be) I have a website with all my Japanguitars for sale but dont want to be a spammer so I won't post the url here..LOL..

thanks for the advice ..I,m sure I'll need loads more
gratefully yours
Villager

Back