Tokai LS-320 club

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis

Reaction score
Hello mates.
I would like to open this thread and talk about LS-320 owners.
How many LS-320?s owners in this forum?
Please write year made also.

I?ll begin....

Luis LS-320GT 2003

1.782 now t.olsen
OK let?s say list then :D

It seems you are not allowed in the list :lol: ...Until you get a LS-320,of course!

My main purpouse is knowing how many lucky LS-320 owners are here and discuss about our guitars.No more no less.Not pretending harming anyone :roll: .If you are confused because the LS-320 affair you got,just be patient and you?ll get another one for sure.....

***Also your post count only proves how old you are***
I realize how this Tokaiforum works. "Screw you guys. I am going home"... And playing my guitar. Peace walrus

Here's a pic of my '03 LS-320. Thanks to Yoshi at GS Universe! :)

Apologies that it's only a small pic, and rather washed out, but it's the only one uploaded at the moment.

lr01.jpg

I remember yours Barry,a truly and unique Tokai LS-320 one off with special features.

I met Yoshi back in 2002 when toured the factory,a very nice guy. I cannot find Tokai in stock there now,not sure if he is selling them still.

2005 LS320 in Violin Finish. Ex-Luis :wink:

I think it's a good idea to have a thread to discuss the singularities of the 320's and the differences Tokai introduced to the model along the years. but it might be even a better idea to include also the newer 320 equivalents from Tokai. So, as a humble suggestion, why not change the title of the thread to something like "LS 320-540 owner discussion thread".As a side benefit, that way no one would think this is an elitist showcase attempt from part of the owners. But it's just a suggestion, of course. I love the idea!

JungleBookBoy2 said:
***Also your post count only proves how old you are***
I realize how this Tokaiforum works. "Screw you guys. I am going home"... And playing my guitar. Peace walrus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYLmptz_r_o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guitar forums are full of "clubs" for owners of various guitars or amps to get together, discuss what they have & show off pics. What on earth could be wrong with that? :roll:

There was nothing wrong with luis' choice of words.

stratman323 said:
Guitar forums are full of "clubs" for owners of various guitars or amps to get together, discuss what they have & show off pics. What on earth could be wrong with that? :roll:

There was nothing wrong with luis' choice of words.

+1 Absolutely nothing !
I guess in case of junglebookboy2 we have a 15 year old snotty fellow without any education.Let`s hope he went back to where he came where he can cry about his missed 320 :wink:

I said " I guess".
hard to believe that somebody older than that is coming new to a forum and start with such posts.

I have PMed with juglebook,all is OK now...

Back to the subject....

I agree,McTanza I was talking LS-320s because I owned two and in order to focuse more,but LS-380s and LS-420s are allowed of course.

So we have at this time:

Luis LS-320GT 2003
Jawiluk LS-320 VF 1999
Barry LS-320 VF? 2003
McTanza LS-320VF 2005
Currypowder 2003 LS-320VF
Jonas 2002 LS-320VF

It seems VF is the finish choice by now(mine it is)
Let?s go on guys!

I'm not in the club, but I have a question for you guys: I assume most of you have also played the "lower" models of Tokai. Is there still a big upgrade in tone compared to what's today the LS-160? Or is it more about nicer wood and finish?

Yes it is in my opinion,it?s another way of building,I can feel that,at least on mine,different wood and more resonant unplugged.Every step up, has been an upgrade.There could be exceptions to the rule but I did not found them.

Mmmm thanks. Interesting. Sometimes I wonder if this fixation on rare Honduras / Brazilian woods is more about marketing than tone, but I can't speak from experience. What started me thinking along those lines was a recent thread on thegearpage started by Terry McInturff (guitar builder) where he asked forum members about their opinions on a 2-piece vs. 1-piece back. He was saying that it's increasingly hard to find good slabs of Honduran mahogany large enough for a one-piece back, but that he still can get plenty of good-quality slabs large enough for a 2-piece back. He's also of the opinion it would not matter with regard to tone but was afraid the market simply wouldn't accept it. I suspect that a talented builder could seek out superb African mahogany that's better than what's left of the Honduran (especially at high volume), and build better guitars from it, but good luck getting people to pay 4-5k USD for it.

Anyway, not to derail your thread. Like I said, I haven't played these guitars. Some day I'm sure!

Latest posts

Back