Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My latest toy & king of all pedals!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: My latest toy & king of all pedals! Reply with quote

Just arrived on my doorstep from Greece.. amazing custom order JAMpedals multipedal

Giannis handbuilts analog pedals with high grade components and NOS chips and sometimes takes custom orders, like this one. You can get any combination of pedals he builts or the ones you already own incorporated in a small custom made metal enclosure. It's only 40cm wide, 22.5 cm deep and 6 cm high (back row).
It's my own artdesign and pedal combination so it's a one off
All true bypass, weighs only 2.2 kg and is powered by only one 9VDV adapter (Boss style), current consumption 80mA when on.

The multi has these functions (in the right order):

A/B in
Boss TU-3; tuner
JAM Dyna-Ssor; in between a DynaComp and Ross compressor
JAM TubeDreamer 72; transparent low gain overdrive
JAM TubeDreamer 58; TS808 clone
High gain footswitch for TubeDreamer 58
Ratller; RAT distortion
Send/return; for incorporating external pedals
JAM WaterFall; chorus/vibrato
JAM Retrovibe; Univibe
JAM DelayLlama; delay
Wampler Faux Reverb; reverb
A/B out

The Boss tuner has a buffer which is in the signal path when off so there a button on the side op the enclosure to get it out of the path if you want.

Giannis's website:
www.jampedals.com

Here are some pics, hate it or love it

XLarge
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !!!!!
But I miss something.....
How much ?
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it matches your Springy.........

youami
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty freaking awesome!
t.olsen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ! I've seen an article about Giannis not long ago.
Must have cost you a fortune
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youami wrote:
That's pretty freaking awesome!

+1
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Well, I won't tell you how much it cost me but it's around the equivalent of 6 good boutique pedals, so it is certainly not expensive. If you're interested send Giannis an email, he's a very nice guy to deal with.

Like most of you I have tried a lot of pedals which was last time I counted 160ish. I was fed up with my tolexed triplex 85cm - 45 cm pedalboard which weighs a ton and I had the opportunity to try some of Giannis pedals. ALL of them have this organic vintage vibe to them. I especially love the overdrives, man to they sound good!
If it will fit into my schedule, I will attend the Annual Tokai Convention in october & take it with me.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly different

If you are happy not swapping & changing pedals it make a lot of sense too
t.olsen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote:
Thanks guys!
Well, I won't tell you how much it cost me but it's around the equivalent of 6 good boutique pedals, so it is certainly not expensive. If you're interested send Giannis an email, he's a very nice guy to deal with.

Like most of you I have tried a lot of pedals which was last time I counted 160ish. I was fed up with my tolexed triplex 85cm - 45 cm pedalboard which weighs a ton and I had the opportunity to try some of Giannis pedals. ALL of them have this organic vintage vibe to them. I especially love the overdrives, man to they sound good!
If it will fit into my schedule, I will attend the Annual Tokai Convention in october & take it with me.

The Rattler soundfiles are awesome ! This will be my next pedal !
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks AMAZING. I hope you can make it to Leeds in October, I'd love to hear one in the flesh!
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

t.olsen wrote:
jacco wrote:
Thanks guys!

The Rattler soundfiles are awesome ! This will be my next pedal !

Timo, I think that would be a good choice; the Rattler sounds really fantastic at louder volumes. To me it sounds in between a distortion and a overdrive.
So maybe the TubeDreamer88 could be something for you. It's BY FAR the best overdrive pedal I have ever tried + it features a high gain switch which does what it says but also comes close to the medium settings of the Rattler: great performance at lower volumes, it's warm and in your face at the same time & the break up is really amazing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: