****** Tokai Convention II ********

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guitarslinger said:
I have been given permission from my good lady. :wink:

Going to be bring a few guitars with me - a spread to show the MIJ range so for those of you who haven't yet, get to see what yer get for your hard earned. It's going to be LP and ES models depending on what we have in stock.

I am rather hoping the Blackstar HT1 1 Watt Reverb Combo comes out in time so i can bring that along for you to drool over as well.

I will have to make a "tactical" withdrawal a bit before "close of play" but will definitely get a good few hours in.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Brilliant news :D must padlock my wallet :lol:

Dave

guitarslinger said:
I have been given permission from my good lady. :wink:

Going to be bring a few guitars with me - a spread to show the MIJ range so for those of you who haven't yet, get to see what yer get for your hard earned. It's going to be LP and ES models depending on what we have in stock.

Glad you can make it - it'll be nice to meet you. Any chance of bringing an LS160S - the top of the range P90 Goldtop LP?

That would be doubtful unless the Tokai fairy delivers before now and then. But i do have pretty gold things similar - you'll get the gist.

guitarslinger said:
That would be doubtful unless the Tokai fairy delivers before now and then. But i do have pretty gold things similar - you'll get the gist.

I have the jist already - I have an LS85S - it's the top of the range P90 model I'm interested in!

stratman323 said:
guitarslinger said:
I was thinking the 1954 version we have.

1954 version? :eek:

Like this?

086.jpg

AlanN said:
Beautiful. Might have to fight Mike for that... time to get some cash together!

You won't have to - I have no interest in that one piece bridge/tailpiece thing - looks ugly & causes intonation problems. If I want intonation problems, I have a vintage style Tele......

The only thing that would tempt me to sell my LS85S would be an LS160S - I just remain to be convinced that it's worth the large amount of extra dosh. Anyway, it looks like I won't be convinced at the convention, which is probably a good thing, on balance.

Tell you what Alan, you buy the Tokai off Rich, & I'll buy your new Gibson off you. Deal? :wink:

guitarslinger said:
Yep.

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/tokai_love_rock_ls145s_wa_electric_guitar_gold_top.asp

Is the back one piece or two piece? It says both in the advert. :-?

With a compensated tail-piece the wrap-around bridge intonation is excellent, the less is more approach certainly gives LP juniors and specials a great biting sound quality. I like it :D

JohnA said:
With a compensated tail-piece the wrap-around bridge intonation is excellent, the less is more approach certainly gives LP juniors and specials a great biting sound quality. I like it :D

Cool - you buy it then!

:lol:

stratman323 said:
JohnA said:

Cool - you buy it then!

:lol:

I have a wedge of cash for an amp burning a hole in my pocket, I might just do that :wink:

stratman323 said:
[Tell you what Alan, you buy the Tokai off Rich, & I'll buy your new Gibson off you. Deal? :wink:

Too late, Mike - it's gone back! Avoid them, I'm sorry to say that they're definitely not worth the cash :( (see thread in general for details...)

OK, so same specs as the 160S then? Same pickups?

It will be good to hear what Alan can do with it. :D I wasn't going to bring my LS85S with BK P91s, but it might be interesting to do an A-B with the two of them.

Latest posts

Back