Tokai MIK model TKM

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al3d

Reaction score
Hey Guys. New to the world of those incredible Les Paul guitars. I saw in a local add a TOKAI Love Rock TKM...but can't seem to find any info on those.

Anyone can help me a bit?...are they any decent?...i personnaly am looking for a good MIJ One..but for my nefew..this could be cool. but still don't want to get a POS

This is the add also to see the picts.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Tokai-Love-Rock-TKM-2001-W0QQAdIdZ218210963

This is the only other one of these that I have run across (other than mine which I've had since 2002). There is not much info available on this one that I can find, I think it was maybe one of the first Korean built (TKM either stands for Tokai Korea Model or Tokai Kalamazoo Model, I suspect the former). There are no serial numbers anywhere. Mine has been a fine guitar, extensively gigged with, and has a great tone. I doubt that it would be a great investment as the Japanese ones are the ones to go for, but mine looks great, and sounds great and I couldn't have been happier with it.

Thanks vaporboy. the seller is asking a tad much. but she does look extremely clean. i'm not looking for an inverstement but a player for the nefew.

Hey Alain, nice to see you over here. :) I'm sure your nephew would love this guitar and actually $550.00 isn't a bad price at all for a Korean made Tokai, although I think if you talked to the guy you could be able to knock it down to around $500.00 which seems a little more reasonable. Good luck.

Kenmac said:
Hey Alain, nice to see you over here. :) I'm sure your nephew would love this guitar and actually $550.00 isn't a bad price at all for a Korean made Tokai, although I think if you talked to the guy you could be able to knock it down to around $500.00 which seems a little more reasonable. Good luck.

Don<t know who you are..but HYE...a fellow canadien..LOL

That's really not a bad price, I think I paid $450 back in '02 so if it's in really good shape it may be worth it. I think the TKM's are very few in number, you almost never see them so one day who knows?

Latest posts

Back