Please Help!! Specification and Age of my Tokai Silver Star

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait til you play a nice old Springy
I sold my 84 Goldstar with U pickups (bought a Greco Junior instead) but kept my SS48. The Goldstar is probably the better intrument but too refined for me- I want to rock! 8)

/Magnus

Hi guys,
one other thing about the Silverstar is the body routing.
Silverstars had a different body route to Springy / Goldstar models and this is also of importance when dating or testing for originality.
The SS36 -40 was built to the same spec care as the ST42, so still a very good guitar.
From the pics listed, i concur with stratman323 - a very, very nice 1979 Silverstar SS-36 in Olympic White probably made late in the year (Oct-Dec). . .on a Wednesday, i'd say . . .at 10:37 in the morning . . by a young luthier - Japanese i'd wager . . elementary. :lol:
regards
Peter Mac

hi
just got my first ss 48 ...... and to my big surprice ,,,,,, i love it :D :D :D got a few springy sound and gold star sound ,,,,,, but this ss 48 is my number one right now ,,,,,,, is is a 1980 in sunburst ,,,, i does have a routing for a humbucker but is now back to original ,,3 singel coil ....
i love the small neck and the blue bottom pickups rocks :D :D
not my last ss model :D :D :D :D
and they are cheap too ,,,,, :D :D
all the best
otto

I think 1980 was a good year for Tokais. 8) My white 1980 SS60 has really grown on me - I was put off by the big headstock at first, but I don't mind that any more, I just appreciate it for what it is, a really nice Strat. A set of Seymour Duncans from the early '80s has just finished it off nicely.

hi
and yes i saw that one ,,,,,,, :D :D
maybe we shall not talk to much about how must we like a silver star :D :D
maybe they will rise in price :D :D not a good plan .... let us talk about how much we hate the big 70 head :D :D :D
all the best
otto

muccax said:
hi
maybe they will rise in price :D :D not a good plan .... let us talk about how much we hate the big 70 head :D :D :D
all the best
otto

I just wonder... why do you hate the big Fender headstock? I have a 66 Jazzmaster. it has the same shape as my Silverstar...=)

rayq78 said:
muccax said:
hi
all the best
otto

I just wonder... why do you hate the big Fender headstock? I have a 66 Jazzmaster. it has the same shape as my Silverstar...=)

Check the link of my Jazzmaster and Silverstar...althought only have 1 picture of my 7okai.... =)

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,180407.msg2465683.html#msg2465683

hi
i dont hate the big 70 head ,,,,,,, but i just want to keep the price down on the tokai ss for now ,,,, :D :D :D
all the best ?
otto

Latest posts

Back