***ORVILLE BY GIBSON 59 REISSUE***

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mojo, that does help. I am obsessed with neck profile; that is my only qualm with most MIJ Les Paul style guitars - it's tough to find fat profile's. Greco EGF's are nice and I've had a few LS80's from the early 80's that are on the larger size as well. I wasn't aware that the older Burny's had big necks.

So, my LPS-57C is a Terada made (serial G3XXXX) and the neck profil is very comfortable and look like a '59 profil.
I usually use it on stage, the weight is only 3,8kg.

My 82 flame Greco 700 I have up for sale has an amazing Super Real 50's style fat neck...I love those necks! My Burny's are '59 necks for sure and my Tokai's are pretty fat but I would have to say that Greco's are the fattest of the fat lol

Dang it UDO, you have a mind like a sponge. You've soaked up way more info than I have - in 1/2 the time.

Rock on buddy.

I imagine you've seen this

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x126574456

quite incredible

lps59rhd2.jpg

t.olsen said:
mojo hobo said:
OBG 59RIs with a solid flame top are are pretty rare ,Villager said here and in other places in posts,that he has only ever seen a few Obgs with a solid flame top.
MOJO HOBO

59 Reissue with a solid flametop :lol:

OBG93003.jpg
WOW! That's a gorgeous top :p .

Hello rasta!
Oh Boy! She is a beauty :eek: **** it? That always happens ,you pull the trigger on a guitar,Then there is a flood of them appear or another one pops ups just after you accquired it..
That is a pretty good price IMHO ..Around ?950 quid without shipping and import taxes.With all the other stuff ,It will come in at about ?1300 .Reasonable value for money :-? No way as cheap as the price i paid for my 59 reissue..
But i love the top on that baby,MMMh! Can i afford another guitar...

It comes with a OBG hard case (a rare item in its own right) and the original warranty card ,very nice catch indeed for someone...SOMEONE PLEASE JUMP ON IT SOON,PLEASE ,SAVE ME!!!
Looks like a two piece back..Terada made G4 SERIAL ,the top has a nice depth to it,It might be solid,but no pup cavity shots..

MOJO HOBO

Thanks Mojo. Now I just need to find a set of tall pickup rings for her. It's too bad OBG's don't come standard with tall rings like Tokai's do. Right now it seems like every place is sold out of Gibson Historic spec tall rings. There are DMC and Fatboy etc but they want hundreds of dollars for them! Anyone know where these can be found? The neck should be 1/4" tall and the bridge should be 1/2" tall.

somone from here pulled the trigger on the Orville RI? I'd love to know if that is a veneer or a solid top.

Well I emailed the store and so did Villager...he told Villager it was a veneer but he assured me they checked and it was a solid flame top so who knows...I wanted to buy it outside of Rinkya etc (the fees are ridiculous) but someone nabbed it before he got back to me.

Pegcityrocker said:
Thanks Mojo. Now I just need to find a set of tall pickup rings for her. It's too bad OBG's don't come standard with tall rings like Tokai's do. Right now it seems like every place is sold out of Gibson Historic spec tall rings. There are DMC and Fatboy etc but they want hundreds of dollars for them! Anyone know where these can be found? The neck should be 1/4" tall and the bridge should be 1/2" tall.
Dimarzio makes the tall pickup rings, Alot of people use them as cheap alternatives to DMC,Vintage Clone, They come in white or cream. Most get the white and then age them themselves.

Dimarzio makes the tall pickup rings, Alot of people use them as cheap alternatives to DMC,Vintage Clone, They come in white or cream. Most get the white and then age them themselves.

Great info - thanks! I'll check them out.

Can someone please help me understand something? In comparing the LPS-59R and LPS-57C "reissues", the only differences I can see between the two is that the LPS-59R does not have a pickguard and it cost 15,000 yen more than the LPS-57C when new in 1993. Are there other differences that I haven't been able to glean from the forum topics? Forgive me if I've missed the obvious.

Back