Burny headstocks

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with regards to this:

CherryRSA-1.jpg

if it says its an RSA-100, then its MIJ. RSA100 are the top of the line Burny 335 that are made in Japan. Its hard to cheat on that label (how else can you put it there unless it was placed before the top was placed?)

i know the TRC is causing some confusion but this will remove doubts:

041.jpg

if you are still in doubt, if it has VH1's and has the 'dog ear' pickup routing (tokai made, burny mijs), then its MIJ, for sure!

The lower models (that are MIC) come with FVH2002 humbuckers. If you still doubting, saying the pickup switch is easy, then you cant cheat the dog ear pickup routing (means it was made by tokai... japan!).

the only RSA that hasnt got that 'flower' decal on the headstock with a 3 screw TRC is a RSA-55 and 65.

this cannot be an RSA70 of the mid 80s. that although it may have come with VH1s, the RSA's had that flower headstock emblem.

hope all is well. :lol:

I think it's been established already that it's a Tokai made Burny. What do you mean by dogear pickup routing? I know what the routing looks like on the les pauls. :D

januz said:
I?ve been testing this guitar and I have no doubts about this one.
Still I do not know which model it is as there?s no sticker in it...
(Suppose that it?s one of the lower models.)
The seller says that it has VH-1 PUs and that it must have been made before -86.

burnyes1.jpg

burnyes3.jpg

burnyes5.jpg

burnyes6.jpg

have you checked the underside of the pickups? ive never seen an RSA model with open coils. just wondering.

NWOBHM said:
I think it's been established already that it's a Tokai made Burny. What do you mean by dogear pickup routing? I know what the routing looks like on the les pauls. :D

THIS is what seems to be a 'dogear' routing :D

TOKAI style.. those squares on both sides

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10284-neck-cavity-5.jpg

I dont wanna open new thread and to be ohnest its been a while since Ive picked up my guitar.
What are you thoughts on the new Burny RSA65 guitars?
These are manufactured in China. Serial starts as FGA....

What they worth?
Building quality of the the instrument...
Alternatives...
How much money for a used one?

thanx!

Latest posts

Back