Help identifying, dating and verifying Goldstar...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
robdefries said:
The mounted bridge pickup, in the pictures, is NOT a DiMarzio! It's either a Seymour Ducan Little '59 or a copy of that pickup. It should have slotted head adjustable screws, or a combination of hex and slotted. In the last case it would make a Little Screaming Demon

Hello there rob... The mounted bridge pickup is a whatever made in Argentina. The original bridge pickup shows in the pictures, inside the case, by the side of the guitar.

erfmedeiros said:
Anyhow, as soon as I get the guitar from the shop I'll take out the pickguard and take some decent pictures.

Keep brainstorming, I'm still in time to unbuy it. :)

Unbuy it.
You can do a lot better through Rinkya for a genuine Tokai.

sorry looks like a cheap affinity squire i should no i own one just like it

Definitely not Affinity Squier, in my opinion.

If anyone's still in the mood to play the guessing game, I took (hopefully) more decent pictures. I'll be for ever thankful if anyone identifies this guitar.

I'm insisting a little on it, because I really love how it sounds, and the seller agreed to lower the price to about R$700,00 = US$390.00.

I'm guessing the guitar itself is hopelessly some kind of fake (although it would be nice to know where it came from--The "Tokai" and "Oldies but Goldies" look a lot like in the pictures I've been seeing) or frankenstocaster. The electric parts (at least to me) look dreadful. But how about the pickups? Any chance they are at least real DiMarzios?

I took 22 pics.

http://yfrog.com/15tokai001jx

There is no polite way to say this - AVOID!!! Nothing about that guitar is Tokai. The huge body rout will affect the sound, as will the thin & cheap trem block. God knows what the electrics are, but they are nothing like any Tokai - the pickups look like some sort of ceramic type.

Just avoid it - walk away. If you bought it as a Tokai, get your money back - you have been conned. You can get much better guitars than that - any real Tokai, for example.

Latest posts

Back