tokai reborn 80 model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timsmcm

Reaction score
Could you tell me what you think of these guitars and what the price would be for one in good shape I am new to this forum and new to tokai but would like to get a good les paul type guitar and hear that these are good.

You can never go wrong with a Reborn model. The prices can vary from $600-1200 on the reborns, do a search on eBay to get a better feel for pricing.

Early LS80 is a special guitar & commands special price, but pretty rare so you may have to search quite a while.

Just in general ... rumor has it that earliest decal was ?Les Paul model? 1977, although I don?t know anyone who?s ever seen one. Then 1978-79 you had ?Les Paul Reborn?, which is now highly sought after & consequently increased price (partly due to Les Paul name on headstock). 1980 it became ?Reborn Old?, and finally from c.1981 onwards the decal is ?Love Rock model?.

These should all be effectively the same guitar (just talking early models), same wooden construction & same Gotoh fittings throughout (except Dimarizio's on some higher models), although LP Reborn definitely has the cache.

Remember that most old guitars have minor issues that need sorting ? so may need to budget for fretwork & good set-up.

Apart from which? if you find a nice LP Reborn at a good price then I?d snap it up darned quick :lol: !

Ian.

Back