Black / Grey Fibre Board on PUs?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I've seen a lot of comments about Goldstar's having a grey base to the pickups - but mine has black. Everything on it seems origila - old MIJ sticker, right sort of machine heads, headstock stiker looks like the real thing, body looks right etc. But the base of the PUs is black - is this a sign that these are definatelt changed or just a manufacturing deviation?

Hey Chris, What year Goldstar do you know? There are others here with more knowledge than me but of the 10-12 Silver Stars , Goldstars, and Springys I've had in the '79-'84 era, ALL have had that grey pickup backing material. And, until just recently, they've all had some kind of letter stamp on them, U or H usually.

My guess is that yours are not original. Not to say they're bad mind you.

cheers,
carlovee

:-? A friend of mine who replaced pup's ,machines, pickguard etc...on his early 80's Goldstar gave me the original parts. The pup's had a black bottom with a black plastic rectangle attached, and the machines were not the top loading Kluson type? This leads me to believe it was a low end model. Anyone else seen these things? :-? TG

Latest posts

Back