Tokai TCO-1?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranjam

Reaction score
I have a chance to grab a dead mint black TCO-1, but I don't know a thing about them. I have more than a few compressor pedals already, and even a few rack mount dbx units. Is the TCO-1 just another VCA compressor? Will it be any different from my Dyna-Comp or DOD Milkbox? Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

Too late. It's mine. Either it isn't quite right (unlikely, since it is sooooo clean), or this just isn't my favorite compressor. I doubt there's anything needing to be 'fixed' on it, so I just have to dink around with it a lot more, and find the sweet setting. So, who has one? How are you using it? Any favorite settings? Thanks.

Hello ranjam.
I got a TCO besides another 5 Tokai pedals.
I don?t use pedals,just a Maxon OD-820 for overdrive and a Thunder Tomate tremolo with my 5e5A clone.I?ll give them a try but cannot play at loud volume unfortunatly.
Tokai pedals are quality made for sure.

Certainly it is a well made pedal. And the hinged treadle is unique. No copying Boss here. But the effecet itself is just not making me say WOW! I know as I turn the knobs I hear a lot of scratchiness, so maybe the pots need to be cleaned :roll: Maybe with that out of the way there will be a more consistant resistance and the sound will come through a little better. I don't know. I just know I definately have to tinker with it some more. I actually like my Dyna Comp better right now. However, this opinion is subject to change at my discretion, and without any written notice.

Latest posts

Back