made a "Deal"!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
Went to Guitar Center last night for strings,paid with Visa , had to show dr.lic. and give a stool sample... anyway , there was a guy at the front door packing up a Les Paul case and I heard him say "oh Man , I thought this was worth more than that!"so...I followed him out to the parking lot and asked what he was selling and if I could take a look! He said they offered him $200 bucks for this guitar that his uncle gave him in the early 90's and that he was gonna see what Mars Music was willing to pay before he took their offer. Well boys lightning has struck me twice thanks to the ignorance of the Guitar Center Staff! So what ya got I sez! Low and behold in a Gibson case a 80s faded flame top Love Rock from Japan! I told him he won't get much more from Mars because they also have Epi L.P.'s they get for next to nothing ,save the gas and follow me to the ATM and I will give you $250 for it ! He sez "Cool"! not a scratch on it! This is the 2nd L.R. I have bought Thanks to G.C.!although the the first time this happened I paid $200 w/a Tokai case! and I'm as happy as a little girl, thank you Guitar Center ...customer for life!

The Guitar Center in Dallas is a little smarter, apparently. They have an 80's L.R. Gold Top for $1299.

I made that deal at the Spring Valley store , a case of "Dumb Luck" They were dumb and I was lucky!!

Yeh, I'm hoping that GT is still in Dallas once I get my business going and have a steady income again.

Just to keep everyone informed I've started a Direct/Database Marketing agency with the other senior marketing execs from Prodigy. Website to come shortly.

Ned

Latest posts

Back