which Tokai is compared to the Gibson Les Paul Standard??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the UK version of the 150......you can order from Tokai direct now.

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?u=http%3A//www.theguitarshop.jp/index.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=Shift_JIS

Mick

what do you mean the UK version? surely they are made in japan where mine is being made, you mean certain finishes only sold in the uk?

Tompski said:
what do you mean the UK version? surely they are made in japan where mine is being made, you mean certain finishes only sold in the uk?

While they are made in Japan, the export version (aka UK version) has the little dimple in the headstock... it's not the correct Gibson open book headstock that the non export models have.

Replica (noun) - Copy that is not the original; something that has been copied

So a replica is a copy Mick.

:wink:

My point is that some people get hung up on the 'incorrect' dimple, when really the headstock looks nothing like a Gibson with or without.

I like the fact mine says Tokai, I bought a Tokai not a Gibson.

stratman323 said:

As far as i am concerned, to be a true copy it would have to say Gibson on the headstock.... :wink:

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
As far as i am concerned, to be a true copy it would have to say Gibson on the headstock.... :wink:

Mick

And also to be a true replica.

leadguitar_323 said:
stratman323 said:

Mick

I agree....if Im not mistaken Tokai were producing "Historics" before Gibson were. :)

Diamond said:
leadguitar_323 said:
stratman323 said:

Mick

I agree....if Im not mistaken Tokai were producing "Historics" before Gibson were. :)

That's kind of true, although all of the Reborns and early Love Rocks did not have the correct specs. However, the proper Historic spec did not really go into production until 1991, even though there were the "pre-Historics" from about 1983 through to 1992. So it seems to me that as long as there was a couple of long tenon no veneer Tokai LPs being produced before or around 1991 then absolutely Tokai were making Historics before Gibson were! :lol:

This is no surprise though, because Gibson became one of those companies that wouldn't do anything unless pushed into it.

hello~
could i know about my tokai guitar's Information?
here is my tokai guitar's serial number 0611123(made in japan)

It would be a 2006 made if Made in Japan inked in black ink on the back of headstock.

Any pics?

Latest posts

Back