Can someone help me put a date on this Fernandes Tele?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar2mw

Reaction score
Hello,
I was sent here from Ibanez Collectors.com. Ok, here's the deal: I'm a guitar tech, and a client of mine brought an old Fernandes Tele copy into my shop the other day. He had purchased it from a guy at his school who sold it too him pretty cheap and he wanted me to check it out. The guitar was in surprisingly good condition, and the electronics checked out PERFECT. It was like it was built yesterday! I can tell this is an older model due to some dings and what not around the edges. The top is in flawless condition, except for some minor pick scatches. Anyway, I told him that before I did any modifications to it, I wanted to get an idea of when it was made and if it had any collectors value to it. So...here's the serial number: 06541 (it may have had more numbers, but they appear to be rubbed off).

I did finish the physical work (truss adjustment, innotation, neck spacer added), but I'm not touching it anymore until I find out more info. Anything will be appreciated. *I have pics if you need/want to see them. Just let me know.

It sounds awesome too, by the way. :D

Back