two-piece replica strat bodies

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaigeek

Reaction score
is it common for the early-80s/late-70s stratocaster replicas to have two piece bodies? i saw a cream one that looks bookmatched and am at a loss if i should consider buying it or not. thanks for looking! =)

Hi Tokaigeek ? yes, it?s absolutely standard. ALL Fender & Fender-style guitars have multi-piece bodies. In fact, 1-piece bodies are rarer than Hens Teeth (except from new DIY makers like Warmouth & Allparts). The very first US Fender Tele?s mostly used 2-piece from 1950 till about 55, then more 3-piece. Strats from 54 were usually 2 or 3 piece. Some US Fenders known with up to 6 or 7 pieces, especially under solid colours, which is one reason buyers like bursts or other see-through finishes. Similarly, Tokai, Fender Japan, Fernandes etc. all commonly used 2-piece or 3-piece bodies (again. maybe more pieces under solid colour) :-? .

Ian.

thanks, ian! i didn't know that. i actually thought the contrary to be true. thank you again for clearing that up!

the guitar seems to be one of the older strat replicas without a serial number on the neckplate which also happens to be smaller than the standard plates. 'tokai' markings are on both the saddles and vintage tuners. a tuner has been replaced by a kluson deluxe. the neck is a bit chunkier than most i've seen on strats and it's one-piece maple. the body is colored in a nice aged cream and there a few minor scratches. it has the 'springy sound' spaghetti tokai decal.

i'll try to get pics and inspect the electronics when i get the chance. any rough ideas of it's age and reasonable price?

Latest posts

Back