1995 Orville Gold Top model #?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whitehall said:
Streak, crack, whatever... I pass. Just makes it that much harder to sell downstream.

Another TF member eventually purchased the Orville gold top & he thinks it's the bees knees 8)

He didn't mention anything about there being any cracks :p .........................

I'm the 'other TF member' who bought this guitar, and the only crack involved is the one in my skull that opens up every time I just LOOK at this beauty! :wink: Bee's knees doesn't even come close to how much I dig it. Now, back to the search for an MIJ 335 clone....

None yet my friend, but you know me - I'm a patient guy. BTW, I've got a set of Duncan Antiquities on the way for the Orville. They'll go in w/the original rings which are now back in one piece.

scooticus said:
None yet my friend, but you know me - I'm a patient guy. BTW, I've got a set of Duncan Antiquities on the way for the Orville. They'll go in w/the original rings which are now back in one piece.

Antiquities = a fave of mine; nice choice :) ................

Innadaze said:
Interesting thread. I've only owned one Orville (which I sold awhile back) but I do have a couple of OBG GTs: a '95 OBG GT '57LPR (chunky neck, fret-edge binding, ABR-1 and non-RW fretboard) and a '91 OBG GT '54 LP (P-90's, stoptail bridge). The colors on each one are a little different from the other (just like the original guitars they're replicating were from each other):

Are you saying the '95 has an ebony fretboard?

Great looking guitars btw :wink: .

Latest posts

Back