Tokai SG's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
I have a Japanese made SG and a Korean one, the Korean is built to the same specs as my Japanese except for the scarf neck. A friend brought over his Samick SG last night and it was unreal how much the Korean and the Samick are alike! The ONLY differance was the Samick Head stock design! I swear they are made side by side! He also had a "Brian Setzer Samick tribute"that was just awesome. It was similar to the Gretsch but not a replica ...But I must say these are some nice guitars. The SG sells at Samick.com for under $300 , set neck mahogany!no tax and free shipping I placed an order today for one of thier acrylic super strats just to for fun of having an odd guitar to use with the band at Church!! Check them out!

Hi Tokaiguy,
Being that Samick are one of the largest builders of guitars in Korea, it would make good business sense to sub-contract them to build Korean Tokais rather than open a new factory, etc,etc... You will probably find they sub for Epiphone also.
On a different note, Samick has just been "aquired" by Gibson USA making the Gibson Company the largest manufacturer of guitars worldwide.
regards
Peter Mac

Latest posts

Back