Introducing my Orville by Gibson

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,I'm a few weeks now in tokaiforum and feel very comfortable here.Always the right answers and a huge amount of knowledge,that's really great.Thought it's the time to show my treasure,a 93 yamano OBG.It's my first mij and I am really happy with it and its tone.

OBG93019.jpg

First I found it not so spectacular comparing with other bursts but in the meanwhile I wonder how the top is changing viewed in different lights and angles

OBG93003.jpg

Even the thin lines under the nitro seem to be alive if you turn the guitar and give a awesome three dimensional look

OBG93018.jpg

It is as written a obg yamano edition and for a fan of old ZZ Top blues stuff it brings the best available tone.One feature I like the most is that it never had a pickguard,and no pickguard means no additional holes

OBG93005.jpg

If somebody will say it has to be cleaned from the dust,I agree with you :oops:

OBG93011.jpg

OBG93009.jpg

Back can tell a lot of tales from many gigs in many pubs,though without me,as I am the owner since 4 months only..and because I started to learn guitar one year ago,there are not so many pubs where they let me play.. :lol:

OBG93010.jpg

The guitar seems to be all original except the Peter Florance Voodoos
Hope you like it as much as I do

That's one sweet Lester my friend.. :eek:
One thing i DID notice is the two piece back is very obvious...not a bad thing but we're always saying just how hard it is to see the joins on Tokai backs and i know that Gibson AND Orville were never so precious about hiding seams.

WOW! Congratulations! An awsome Flametop, gorgeous (s)unburst! Great guitar! I?d like to introduce to you 3 MIJ-Les Pauls, also living in germany, same kind of coloration and cool flametops:
GRECOEGF-850-FRESHERFL-800-BURNY-6.jpg

GRECOEGF-850-FRESHERFL-800-BURNY-5.jpg

BigEdsMojotopsguitar-weekendMIJ--16.jpg

GRECOEGF-850-FRESHERFL-800-BURNY-1.jpg

V.L.T.R.: 1980 Greco Super Real EGF-850 (restored, 're-topped' & nitro-finished by owner BigEd, here?s the story: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13557 ), 1978 Fresher Les Paul FL-800 butterscotch Flametop (my own guitar, some further pics and info: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12054 ), 1990s Burny 'GR'-70 Guns&Roses/SLASH-model (belongs to our buddy Oli)

Thank you all for the posts,catching the details was not easy,I took a lot of pictures and they even don' t show everything.I see something new almost every day depending from the light and view
I?d like to introduce to you 3 MIJ-Les Pauls
Hey mojoburst,you see me jealous :wink: Wonderful guitars and the brand Fresher I' ve never heard before

Latest posts

Back