Bacchus Europe

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
Don't know if everyone's seen this, but it looks Bacchus guitars are coming to Europe

http://www.bacchus-europe.com/

Thanks to you, they're already here! :lol:

All the Fender clones seem to have a really ugly modified headstock.

:cry:

Mike

stratman323 said:
All the Fender clones seem to have a really ugly modified headstock.

gotta love the Vintage Series replicas with the correct head stock shape :) ...............

.............. and the earlier Alnico Special pickups :D ..................

VeneerBoardHeadStocks.jpg

yeah, they've been advertising in the guitar mags for a while. have you seen the prices, though? even with the pound's slump against the yen, it'd still be way cheaper to import directly.

Though of course if this means they'll be turning up in guitar shops, that'll be great, as it'd be nice to get to try them. :lol:

Thanks John,

Another well kept secret blown!

Yes, I too have seen the print ads in the UK guitar mags (Guitar & Bass Magazine). The Distributor's web site is rather light on info though. I would welcome the chance to try some in the shops but it is bound to take some time to set up the brand in a few UK shops. I do find myself wondering whether the Bacchus brand will ever achieve any sort of market profile - after all, hasn't Tokai been imported into the UK since the early 1980's (and how many UK stores sell Tokai in any quantity - apart from the honourable exception of Richtone)? Didn't the guy who runs Hartnoll Guitars (apologies but his name escapes me) state on this very forum that he was discontinuing business with Tokai UK as he just couldn't get the stock without a six month wait?

I would much rather that these Japanese brands remain "below the radar", here in Europe.

Best regards,
Darren

SUSHI GUY said:
do you guys already see them at the euro stores ??

8) j.

Yes here in Paris you can see them
http://www.guitarstore.fr/Bacchus-Guitars/Electriques/Guitares/78/1/3/Bacchus-Guitars.aspx

(I've seen on a french MiJ forum the post of a guy who have bought one duke for 1800 euros and was VERY happy with the quality and the sound ;)

My Duke cost ?1200 to import from Japan including shipping and import taxes. It's great to see the brand expanding but the prices are just a little steep, in my opinion.

Doctor J said:
My Duke cost ?1200 to import from Japan including shipping and import taxes. It's great to see the brand expanding but the prices are just a little steep, in my opinion.
Yes, I agree with you ! At least it makes it possible to see and try them before importing yourself from Japan.

Hi to everybody , just discovered this forum and the Bacchus post. I do present myself , I am Dario Toma the Bacchus and others Deviser brands distributor in Europe.
First I will be at the next MESSE stand 4.1B28 so fell free to pass by for testing the new models coming to Europe.
Just discovered your site and do not know the rules about distributor or retailer posting so if there is an administrator who can answer it would be nice . I am not into spamming !!
Any question , even good address for direct import from Japan :p 8) or about the instruments are welcome and you can check some video test here www.youtube.com/dariotoma .
Cheers from Paris

D

Back