thinking about buying an japan LP...orville?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pewing33ny

Reaction score
I'm looking for a les paul and with gibson being such a ripoff right now and agiles are too low-end I've been looking at tokai for almost a year.

I've been looking at tokais mostly ls-70's and ls-80s but i've just been reading up on orville. There are a few orvilles on ebay and they seem to be more readily available used then tokais.

I read that some orvilles has a nitro finish and most i've seen have long neck tenon. Which orville's would have this?

Also orville's seem to be "cheaper" in the sense you can get them used and tokais are very rarely used, and near impossible to find one that I want. So even though a used orville costs the same as a new tokai you seem to get more guitar for you money.

I'm mostly looking for a les paul standard with nitro finish and long neck tenon. i could live without the nitro finish but it would be a bonus. also the less amount of wood pieces used to make the guitar the better. Also I'd like the tokai violin finish. I'd buy the ls-75 right now from guitar universe but i just don't like the short neck tenon.

Can someone steer me in the right direction in what Les Paul I want?

Back