IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
There has been a lot of the images from the site being posted on other sites message boards and on some peoples own webpages. The problem people are linking directly to the image on my server. This creates 2 serious problems: 1) This is costing me money as the people who do this are basically stealing my bandwidth. 2) Copyright infringement as this is stealing content.

I don't mind linking and in some cases don't mind sharing images but please don't use them with permission. And definately don't link directly to things on this server.

This is definately NOT the time to increase the costs of running this site. Please be considerate.

Ned

In case your wondering why I've added TokaiRegistry.com to all the new pictures it's because people are linking to the pics on my server from outside forums. This kills my bandwidth which costs money. However since I usually only catch this after bandwidth has been eaten, then I have to contact the webmaster of the offending site I've decide to just put the site URL on all the pictures to get some benefit from this bandwidth theft.

Ned

I thought about that but then the site would be at the mercy of 2 different servers, if the pic server went down then the site would look like crap. And they have bandwidth limitations too.

Ned

Latest posts

Back