I just bought a real Gibson Les Paul Standard

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Paladin2019 about this "real thing" stigma attached to Gibson.

Just because Gibson made the first Les Pauls doesn't mean they are the best Les Pauls!

The Japanese have a undisputed reputation for "copying" and perfecting on original designs.

JUST BECAUSE YOU MADE IT FIRST DOESN'T MEAN YOU MADE IT RIGHT.

Hmmm... :-?

I can't wait till I can "officially" get in on this arguement. I used to own a '59 burst way back in the seventies - great guitar, but my '84 Love Rock LS60 has a nicer neck, is lighter, and I seem to get the sounds I want from it. Now, that being said, I have currently got the hots real bad for a Gibson R9. When I find the one I want, I'll let you know if the $4000 credit card bill was worth it.

I think that my '75 Gold top Deluxe is the most wonderful guitar in the world, it's everything that Gibson should be. I love my Tokai strat and tele but I've never thought that Fenders had 'personality' in the way that Gibsons had.
So I think that Tokai copies of Fenders are great but I've not played a Tokai copy of a Gibson that did anything for me.
I had wanted a Gibson since I was 12 in the early '70s and a real gibson still makes me tingle.

Latest posts

Back