K series Orville

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derby Ant

Reaction score
I currently have in my house our guitarists old MIJ K series Orville (no, the K does not stand for Korea).

It's a plain top sunburst and I must say I rather like it.
It's really rather different from mu Tokai, more Peter Green. Nice and warm, mellow without going mushy... and that's just playing acoustically.

The reason it' at my house is for a electric refit as all the old pots were scratchy and the bridge pup had died.

He's thinking about selling it... I'm trying to remind myself I prefer super strats
3791903717_4229dc348c.jpg

Orville to the left, Tokai to the right.

The K Orville pickups that came stock with my K Orville SG have Ceramic magnets and believe it or not were wax potted.
They sounded pretty good but a lot of players like Alnico magnet pickups, including myself, so changing the pickups or magnets makes a big difference as well but maybe the owner has already done that.

japanstrat said:
The K Orville pickups that came stock with my K Orville SG have Ceramic magnets and believe it or not were wax potted.
They sounded pretty good but a lot of players like Alnico magnet pickups, including myself, so changing the pickups or magnets makes a big difference as well but maybe the owner has already done that.
Yep, the mags were ceramic and they were wax potted.
One coil on the bridge pup was dead, as was one coil on the burny pickup he wanted me to instal.
Anyway, two good coils, one soldering iron and an A5 later and it works.
Not sure how it really sounds yet as my amp is at practice rooms.

Back