neckplate confusion

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaigeek

Reaction score
i'm thinking about purchasing a white (the color of the malmsteen strats) tokai strat with a maple neck but am a bit confused about a small detail. the 4 screw neckplate of the guitar is smaller than the standard ones found in the pictures in the pic gallery as well as those of other strats i've seen. i'm really confused and would appreciate any additional info. i'll try to borrow the guitar and a digicam so i can post pics. btw, there is also a sticker on the neckplate that says 'reborn old tokai electric guitars' plus some fine print that's barely readeable but seems to be the tokai company business signature plus a phone number.

it has the old spaghetti tokai springy sound decal and a round spring tree. truss adjustment is at the body end and is of the allen wrench type. pickguard is white, 8-screw, one-ply kind.

thank you for the time and i'm looking forward to your respones!

I have seen these before on "very early" models. I think there was a thread on this last year, might take some finding though.
Nik

Found the old thread, unfortunately a lot of the comments were from Barry who has deleted his advice. See: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2482&highlight=neckplate
Nik

ey thanks for the info! has anyone verified the early springy theory? i'm picking up the guitar tomorrow for further probing. =)

Latest posts

Back