• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

'89-'90 MIJ Fender Rosewood Telecaster for sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ikkyu

Reaction score
Honest to God I never thought I was going to sell this, but an acoustic is coming, I don't have enough room so I have to chose for one guitar to let go. It's probably everybody's story. Anyways.
This is the real deal, not the shameless reissue either MIM or MIJ. I've got her years ago, I think it was '89 or '90, new, and I made some works on her to make her close to George Harrison's beauty. She's been stripped down and painted again with a thin, thin, thin coat of nitro. Obviously, the Made in Japan decal on the back of the heel came off in the process, as well as the Fender golden '70s style logo wich has been replaced with the spaghetti silver one. As George's.
The pickups are custom '60s, the electronics has been upgraded with the right cloth wires and the Luxe kit, as well as the right CTS pots. Also the bridge plate it's been replaced with another MIJ three saddles one. I have both the original pickups as well as the six saddles bridge plate, in case the buyer want it. Even though the difference is enormous: this beauty sounds darn good. I compared her with several Teles, new, vintage, CS, but none of them compared to this. The body is made with two hollow halves on a maple strip, like the original.
You can see the overall conditions in the pics: the guitar is ok, has some scratches and dings obviously, due her age. The only thing that pissed me off it's that a little part of the nut got broken during the photoshoot, as you can see in the pics. I can fix it or I can let the joy to do it to the buyer.
So... a part of me is leaving, but it's also true one can't have everything in life. Make your offer buds. 8)
Here are some pics:

Latest posts

Back