who likes ugly guitars?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrvilleBoy

Reaction score
I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd say hi to everyone again, this time with some pics.

There are some really pretty and shiny guitars in this forum, so I'm wondering if there are more freaks like myself who like my guitars to be ugly and grungy?

I'll start off, has anyone else got any that they'd be bothered taking photos of ? :-D

And you dignify that beast with a Case? :eek:
There's gonna be trouble when Billy finds out 8)

I love that look, though the intonation must be a bit hit and miss!

I have a beaten up handbuilt telecaster full of all kinds of gadgetry - I spent three weeks on the finish, decided it was boring and took a sander to it. It's had some knocks on the body now so i'm wondering what to do next with her. I'll take pictures if you like.

Hey come on now, 'Access to a case of some sort' is a basic fundamental right of a guitar... we're not abusers, after all.

AlanN said:
I love that look, though the intonation must be a bit hit and miss!

I have a beaten up handbuilt telecaster full of all kinds of gadgetry - I spent three weeks on the finish, decided it was boring and took a sander to it. It's had some knocks on the body now so i'm wondering what to do next with her. I'll take pictures if you like.

Ya please do! :-D

We'll all help with suggestions!

The intonation on my guitar is interesting, I've been gigging with it for a long time and it's never sounded detectably "off", like on some guitars where you could tell straight away once you start playing; it might be since it's tuned differently (it's only got 5 strings). I don't really do any precise guitar work on it so I guess it's never been an issue anyway :-D

Dave Kelly from The Blues Band has an old SG that used to have the neck position P90 held in place with gaffer tape! Not a way to treat a vintage guitar. :eek: I'll see if I can dig out an old photo.

If you want ugly, buy a Haagstrom (or however you spell it!)

Mike

Yeah, using tape to hold pickups in place is so cool :-D

Those Swedish guitars can look a little strange sometimes...

Have you seen the post somewhere else on the forum about the Love Rock with a sort of Haagstom headstock grafted onto the top? Worth searching for if you haven't seen it. Real ugly!

Mike

who likes ugly guitars?
Not me.
But this Gibbo isn't ugly, it is just abused, mistreat and lampooned to the max.
Just like Heidi Klum with shaved off scalp hair, dressed in rags and a false beard ...
My 2 cents ...

But:: i am happy it is a Gibbo and not a lovely japan axe ... ;)

SCNR

Latest posts

Back