Signature LP Guitars - from the Terada Factory Japan

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exgibsonuser

Reaction score
Has anybody got one of these Japanese guitars too - I've recently bought a Signature SFT1 (Flame Top Honeyburst) that features a 2 piece mahogany back plus a solid 2 piece maple cap and long tenon (1/2 way into the neck pickup rout). Pulling out the next pickup confirmed the build quality (lovely grain right through the maple top) plus the larger area of binding on the cutaway. The sound is great, even with the stock pickups

The neck profile is also very comfortable, shallower 60's depth vs. the 59 profile on my Tokai LS75F. I must admit, this has seriously displaced the Tokai in my affections! (apart from my LR2's, which I still love for the Robben Ford vibe).

I would say if you want a superior instrument and aren't worried about resale value, get one while you can as they have been told to stop making them by Gibson!

They are being built by the Terada factory, which apparently also makes the Epiphone Elite range and some of the Gretsch range.

I'm seriously tempted to get another now and sell my LS75F

well they may have been told to stop building them but I doubt they have much pull over here...the shops are full of MIJs that are precise Gibson and Fender lookalikes. Makers can`t ship them Stateside but that doesn`t stop them from selling them here.
New builders are popping up all over the place recently here, the economy seems to be over the slump it was in a few years ago...there were more jobs than graduating seniors looking I read in the paper last week.

exgibsonuser said:
I must admit, this has seriously displaced the Tokai in my affections!

Hi,

could you please post a link ... ??? 8)

... no idea - but I'm curious to know more ... !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

Hi tudor

here is one on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150089659780&rd=1&rd=1

Rossi,

Thanks for the link ... well appreciated ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice looking guitar so far ... but I can't cope with that headstock ... :-? :-?

... since I saw it for the first time I fell in love with the 'open book' shape - I can't help myself ... :wink: 8) 8)

Roger

Rossi,

you're right ... but the case is ochay's stomping ground ... 8) 8)

I think he'll buy it because of the case only, I guess ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

Back