OK, WHO MADE THIS?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaicharlie

Reaction score
Made in Japan says Lincoln in mother of pearl on the headstock.
Just trying to find out anything I can about this company.
lin.jpg

there were literally dozens of makers throughout the years in Japan. May take a while to get a definitive answer if ever as lots of those makers have gone out of business, or perhaps been absorbed by larger factories.

Not sure who made it but my first electric guitar was a Lincoln Les Paul gold top copy that I picked up in a pawn shop in 1983. It played and sounded better than most guitars. I foolishly traded it for an Austin Hatchet V. :x

I have a lincoln six-string and a bass, both simple through-neck designs, very nice instruments to play.

The bass is this one (a recent purchase from this auction):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180019047707

I've seen two identical basses on ebay a couple of years ago, within about a week of each other (the first got a good price so someone must have thought 'I have one of those too' and listed it).

The six string is almost identical to the bass, I got it at a flea market for ?35 (about $60). I've never seen another anywhere. I haven't seen a Lincoln guitar of any other type anywhere in the UK.

The only picture I have is this one, it's on the left hiding behind the SG:

9gits.jpg

I'm not sure if the control knobs are original on the bass, the six-string has contoured gold ones which look more in keeping with the style.

They are really nice guitars though, especially the bass. Simple well made tools.

There is zero information about this make on the internet though - maybe I should set up a flickr group for them or something like that.

sneakyjapan said:
there were literally dozens of makers throughout the years in Japan. May take a while to get a definitive answer if ever as lots of those makers have gone out of business, or perhaps been absorbed by larger factories.
Could'nt have said it better myself..!!
I owned a heap of MIJ copies throughout the years....Emperador strats.....Anson SG's.
I have an Emperador strat body that is at least 30 years old and you can see the composite plywood body where the paint has worn off
:p

Back