Fender Standard MIJ Tele or Lite Ash Korean Tele?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fender Standard MIJ Tele or Lite Ash Korean Tele?

• "Standard" Made in Japan Tele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Lite Ash" Made in Korea Tele

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ebsy

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently after a Telecaster and I've narrowed the options down to either...

Fender Standard Made in Japan Telecaster
Fender Lite Ash Korean Telecaster

They're both the same price so that isn't an issue but I thought this would be the best place online to ask for opinions.

I want a Blonde finish (which the Japanese one provides.) The light ash is available in 3 finishes Black/Natural or Vintage White (the vintage white is the closest to blonde, I'm not too keen on the natural.)

I'm assuming the MIJ one would be of a better quality than the MIK one, BUT the MIK has Seymour Duncan's and a Birdseye Maple neck.

I'm really torn between the two at the moment, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS decided to post a poll, vote if you can :)

Thanks in advance,
Ebsy.

Get the Jap Ebsy.

I thought you were after a Rick copy? Did you get one or just change your mind? (as we all do) :wink:

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_fender_telecaster_lite_ash_natural_prodinfo.html

Lite ash with birds eye maple. Also available in black. I'll prob pick up a lite ash strat or tele in the next week or two.

Edit: Thought that was made in mexico. Sorry

Hans: I really didn't know the Jap fender's were made by Tokai, that's great news and also explains your first reply! :)

Deadman: Yes, I'm still after the RG-40 ric copy, the deal with the retailer fell through, apparently the supplier promised a delivery date to the retailer, but it turned out that they now can't guarantee a delivery date, so I was refunded..they'll still get me one, but can't tell me when :roll: hence the telecaster search to supress the GAS! ;)

GStormcrow: The Lite Ash series are all Korean, as far as I'm aware anyhow.

Thanks for the replies fella's.
Ebsy

Ebsy said:
Hans: I really didn't know the Jap fender's were made by Tokai, that's great news and also explains your first reply! :)
See this interview with President Adachi:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4434

Where do you live?

If Europe ... Look! :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.de/vintage-Tokai-BREEZYSOUND-Telecaster-JAPAN-1984_W0QQitemZ7404411952QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have had a '96 Fender Japan Tele. The pups were excellent, no need to think about SD or others.
I am spotting the MIK Teles on ebay (Germany) very often, look good with their birdseyes, but I am not sure, if the buyers are happy with these, because you can also see many (new ones) beeing sold again!
BTW - I guess you are tending towards the MIJ - so do it !! :lol:

the manager of the Rock Inn store in this Japanese city told me that not all Japanese Fender guitars and basses are made at the same factory at this time, there may be as many as three factories producing them and FJ does not really like the names of those factories to be made public. Two that he did talk about in vague terms were Terada and Fuji-Gen, which it seems have ended production of their own line of guitars he says.

Latest posts

Back