Signature Les Paul Guitars

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exgibsonuser

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else has picked up one of these wonderful "Signature" LP replicas in the UK, proper full thickness carved 2 piece maple caps, long tenon extending halfway into front pickup cavity (checked out via the pickup routs). I have one Honeyburst Plaintop and one Honeyburst (albeit slightly lighter in hue, possibly Iced Tea?) Flame top model. Very comfortable 60's style neck profile, quality electrics but most of all, the overall timber and build quality is superb for the money. Despite being a Tokai guitar hoarder, I sold one of my LS75F's when I got these as I felt they were superior. Worth looking out for on Ebay as they come up from time to time - you can still get in London new for around ?499, which is still a bargain. They also made some Custom models, again even less frequently seen on Ebay now.

The brand is actually called "Signature", they were apparently made in the same factory as the Epiphone Elite range. One piece core neck with two pieces at the side by the machine heads, two piece mahogany back with two piece maple cap. You can actually see the grain from the maple top right through it's thickness if you look in the pickup cavities, no veneer here at all.

There's one on Ebay here and they got some very favourable reviews on HC long before I bought mine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIGNATURE-LP-STYLE-JAPANESE-GUITAR-SUPERB-TONE_W0QQitemZ310045674077QQihZ021QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy buy buy...

They are excellent if you can stand the slightly wonky cut away shape...

You can get them around ?300 - ?350.

exgibsonuser said:
...with two piece maple cap. You can actually see the grain from the maple top right through it's thickness if you look in the pickup cavities, no veneer here at all.

Not on my flame top it isn't - it's a veneer as there's no centre join in the maple top under the flames. I'm guessing a three piece top with a two piece flame veneer ;)

They're very good guitars, especially with a pickup upgrade:

SignatureLPbodybottom.jpg

I got on of these Signature Lesters this week and I'm completely blown away by it
Ive just changed the Pick ups and found out that it has a long tenon joint and thick maple cap
signature-pup-cavity.jpg

The build quality of the guitar is excellent and it plays like butter.
Im gonna see how the tuners hold up to gigging before deciding wether to change them or not.
I couldnt find any details about these guitars on the net apart from an obscure reference saying they were made by Fujigen.

Tried the guitar at rehearsal tonight and was blown away.
The P'up change made all the difference
Here's a pic of the body but i will post some better ones when i get a chance
sigfront.jpg

If you like Les Pauls, these are complete sleepers. Awesome and so cheap they're a steal.

I'm selling mine as I'm not a Les Paul guy, otherwise it would stay.

Latest posts

Back