Hobbies?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
Ok people....apart from music do any of you have time for other hobbies?
I'm guessing we have a few stamp collecting geeks here...maybe a few people collecting millitary memorabillia.?
I'll start...
I teach and train in Karate....have done for the past 34 years.
Have high grades in Jui Jutsu...Yamaguchi-ryu Goju-kai karate-do...Go-Kan-Ryu karate-do and have my own ryu of karate(Michido-kai).
Haven't been doing much of late though as music has taken over somewhat so I'm getting fat and lazy 8)

collect wrist watches.
painting and drawing for 36 years...oils, watercolor, pencil and colored pencils, mixed media.
cycling.
cooking.
collect sake...rice wine...glasses.
photography...lots to shoot in Japan, love my Canon 20D.

yeah well.....i STILL love my 20D. had an EOSー55 for years before that.  

Yeah...my partner owns a EOS300D from a few years back...takes a lovely pic.

My "hobby" is racing motorbikes.

At the moment, I race a 1979 Yamaha TZ350F and a "special" 525cc 1972 Yamaha 350cc that has an extra cylinder grafted on.

Been riding and racing bikes since the '70's. Started out MX'ing.

Still have all my fingers in full working order, so I promised myself that as I get older I could pursue my other hobby. Playing guitar.

Some history here. www.bearsracing.com for those interested.

Peter

Creative writing, poetry, short stories, songs, rants whatever
reading
cooking
running (is that a hobby?)
cycling, though I don't get to do it much these days
travelling, though that's an expensive one and so doesn't get indulged much
can't forget vodka!

My hobby ... :wink:

... three girls ... 8) :lol: :lol:

girls-ja.jpg
[/img]

Roger

Another aficcionado writer.
My latest hobby are amps.I?m educating in electronics altough I've never study electronics in my life.I have a friend who teachs me.I can use his tools.Tomorrow will take to his bench an old spanish amp(bassman copy with EL34) to check.
Another passion is Japan.I?m tech by my brother,he is a japanese culture lover and now he is making a japanese room in his home.Hope to travel there very soon again...

Apart from the Tokai connection I'm sure there are a few of us that are fond of Japan.
I lived in Shinjuku for a time...training at Morio Higgaona's Dojo...noisy...smelly place Shinjuku is but at least I got Sunday's off to travel :lol:

Ozeshin, how did you ever find the time to study 2 or 3 different styles of Karate AND Jiu-Jitsu AND (presumably) hold down a steady job AND play in bands?
I take my hat off to you! (or I would if I had a hat) :wink:

Ozeshin said:
Apart from the Tokai connection I'm sure there are a few of us that are fond of Japan.
I lived in Shinjuku for a time...training at Morio Higgaona's Dojo...noisy...smelly place Shinjuku is but at least I got Sunday's off to travel :lol:
First time I visited japan it was with my band ( at first I didn't want to go :lol:) met my wife there. I like japanese food, dramas, guitars and a few bands too like the brilliant green.
Never wanted to live there as I have too many things to do where I am and it looks quite tought for foreigners there.

20 century boy said:
Ozeshin said:
First time I visited japan it was with my band ( at first I didn't want to go :lol:) met my wife there. I like japanese food, dramas, guitars and a few bands too like the brilliant green.
Never wanted to live there as I have too many things to do where I am and it looks quite tought for foreigners there.

What was the name of your band?

Ahhhh ... wish I had time for a hobby these days. Total career change in progress at age 52 after 20 years as a journalist. Am back at the local college studying sciences in preparation for taking a year-long course in becoming a surgical technologist. But when I'm not cramming for anatomy and physiology I like to go snow tubing with my teenage son (or better yet, watch him snowboard), playing with our three Golden Retrievers (plus a Dachshund) or occasionally (not frequently enough, dang it) playing guitar, or even proofreading research papers for my wife (she's finishing her doctorate in nursing). When I do get time I like to repair and refinish pawn-shop acoustics - you can learn a lot that way, plus there's no big investment if you mangle something - in fact, there's a mid-60s Silvertone classic guitar that I need to get back to.

With me it's usually been a matter of money but no time, or time but no money, but right now it's no money and no time, but that will change when I get through the schooling .... and then I can start GASsing again! :wink:

tudor said:
My hobby ... :wink:

... three girls ... 8) :lol: :lol:

girls-ja.jpg
[/img]

Roger

Beautiful dogs Roger! I'm a dog-lover too but since I'm currently living in Korea I don't have one. I told the wife though, as soon as we move back to Canada (at the end of this year) we're getting two Labs.

My hobbies - ice hockey, weight-lifting, martial arts, reading, and of course trying to become a better guitar player

Big Willie Style said:
I told the wife though, as soon as we move back to Canada (at the end of this year) we're getting two Labs

Hi Big,

Thanks for your good words ... I love Labs too ... and the best "girlfriend" of our #1 in the pride - Fly, the tri-color on the right side - is Yasca, a black Lab ... they love each other since they were puppies ... :lol: :lol:

You should look at that picture, when were outside with 15 - 20 dogs ... amazing how they're coming to grips among each other ... :lol: :lol:

Roger

Latest posts

Back