Straps for a heavy guitar to ease the pain ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudor

Reaction score
I'm tired and have got backache ...

OK, STOP playing is one option ... but I cannot abandon my mates! 8)

What kind of straps are you using which hold the guitar correctly (strap locks are used) and make it easier to carry it for hours ???

Thanks!

Roger

I use a 3" strap (sounds kinda dirty) with Schaller strap locks, if the guitar is heavy though it doesn't help much.

So it will say: The guitar player's fate ... :-?

There is still no satisfying solution - I made this experience since the late 60s when I started to play and I mostly played lightweight Strats and Teles because I could afford them ...

One of my friends changed the sound because of the heavy-weight of his guitar, sold his G... and bought one of my MIJ-F-Teles ... A bad decision in my opinion but the physical strain seemed to be too much. :eek:

I will not act in this way for sure!! Try some new straps ... Thanks!

Roger

I personally use the luxury padded wide straps from here;

http://www.guitarstrapking.com/padded_guitarstraps.html

they make the guitar feel a whole lot lighter.

Thanx alot !! Those are looking very smooth and comfortable!

... I can really feel how soft they are ... ! :wink:

Roger

I use Italia brand ones leather made(one brown,one black),very comfortable sand it makes my Love Rocks feeling light.I 'm very happy with them.

I bought them from a guy here in Spain who imported some but they are USA made.
Yes they do,just check http://www.italiastraps.com/
The brown ones are fantastic for a GoldTop.....
They earen't cheap however,but how many straps are you going to own in your life? :wink:

Like other said, every guitarist with a heavy guitar needs a padded and wide strap (my strap is about 10-12 centimeters wide). It should only be wide at the areas where it touches your body, all the rest should be thin. But this only helps easing the stress on your shoulder and related areas I think......not so much the stress on your (lower) back.

I found that the lower I hang my guitar, the less hastle the weight becomes for my (lower) back.

Hope that helps.

Thnx supreme - it does really help!

I'll go for a padded one. The straps from guitarstrapking - mgdew recommends them - seem to be the best!

Will give you a feedback after the purchase ...

Roger

[/b]

Thnx, but I must confess: I don't know the German word for "memory foam" ... :-?

Never heard it before ... ! :(

Is it a foam that adjusts to my shoulder ???

Roger

developed bu NASA , its a dence foam just type Temperpedic on your computer and ask for a sample. Thats what I did I had my son get a sample too for me and I use the two samples side by side under my strap held on by 2 sideded tape.

Thnx alot - good to know - wonder where I can get this one in Germany???!!! We just have ESA! :roll:

I will ask togps - maybe he knows where! :wink:

Roger

Latest posts

Back