Is it like this in your band?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is way out of order coming from that crap singer, and I hope he got a good kicking later on from somebody (anybody will do).

However, it would have been ok if a general brawl between all the band members had started after the singer hit the guitar player. That would have made it alright! :lol:

Ha ha, I like to think the guys or gals i play with wouldn't be soo childish.

Even though as a student of Hung Gar Kung Fu your encouraged to avoid conflict, when somebody disrepects you so blatantly like that "singer". Well you'd have to defend yourself or react. Nobody should be treated like that ever full stop. Just think if that was your son,brother etc playing guitar. Surely you "play" music, for me at least it's a sense of release. Whether it was the greatest guitar solo of all time is regardless. From my own limited experience Martial arts ive found so many similarities with music.

1) never judge a book by it's cover. Shape, size, sex and age etc. People will always surprise you.
2) What you get out- is what you put in. You are far greater than you can possibly conceive.
3) the most basic aspects are the most important factors. For me in music its harmony, melody, tone, intonation, rhythm and intent. And in Kung fu for me it's stances, simplicity and drive.

Anyway enough waffle from me! Ill get off my high horse now, the air's a bit thin
:p

ps whilst i avoid confrontation in my life, it would have been hard to avoid hitting that guy.

pps if you get chance read The Book of Five Rings- Musashi and The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker

Reminds me of Jan Akkerman famous comments on Neil Young's soloing on 'Like A Hurricane':

Interviewer: "What kind of guitarist is this?"
Akkerman: "Someone who must be very glad that his fingers don't get stuck between the strings... (...) it sounds like a blow fly in a closed paper bag... or a Belgium vibrator"

:lol:

t.olsen said:
omg,the solo is really awesome :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's obviously moving between Phrygian dominant and Hungarian modes. He's far to advanced for rest of the band.

Joking aside I did want to do that to an old bass player in my band who played a whole bridge section 1 fret down!!!!!!!!

Back