Gary Moore found dead

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnA said:
Sad news, only 58 years old!

Bugger! Fortunately, I got to see him live a couple of times. I recommend his Live at Montreaux DVD for anyone into shreddy-blues.

Sad news indeed.

I wonder why he died... he seems to have lost some weight recently.. looking a bit fitter. Hope he didn't have cancer or anything...

RIP one of the most versatile guitarists of recent years. He played anything, from blues to jazz to heavy metal.

I had a great weekend and this message brings me really down :cry:
I will light him a candle tonight and hope a lot of you guys will do so

Emiel said:
I wonder why he died... he seems to have lost some weight recently.. looking a bit fitter. Hope he didn't have cancer or anything...
quote]

That's unlikely - I read somewhere he died in his sleep.

That sucks really but it's the best way to go...sad day for anyone with the love of guitars.

This is not good news...

Same deal as Billy Thorpe (60, Aztecs) and Grant McClennan (48, Go Betweens) both died in a similar fashion, and too early (particularly GM).

A very sad day for music. One of the finest guitar players who had it all, astounding live he always delivered. Saw him many times, firstly with Colosseum II in 1974 playing the Peter Green Les Paul- Life changing event and that Tone !!! He touched many souls with his emotive playing and was a great inspiration to so many players, young and old.

My thoughts go to his family and children. God bless Gary.

Here's a nice interview with Gary where he talks about some of his guitars, some nice playing including some jazz lines that I had no idea he could do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCvgE6yzoAM

marcusnieman said:
looktoyourorb said:
I read somewhere he died in his sleep.

I read that too.... but hell, at 58 you don't just die in your sleep.

Every death has a cause, if you're 58 or 85 doesn't matter. Yes, just can just die in your sleep at 58.

jacco said:
marcusnieman said:
looktoyourorb said:
I read somewhere he died in his sleep.

I read that too.... but hell, at 58 you don't just die in your sleep.

Every death has a cause, if you're 58 or 85 doesn't matter. Yes, just can just die in your sleep at 58.

That's pretty obvious, isn't it? My comment was more rhetorical anyway. Besides, I'm alot closer to 58 than I am to 85 :wink:

Back