Ronie James Dio, RIP

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mole Man

Reaction score
I first heard this dreadful (but not entirely unexpected) news on LBC Radio (London Talk/News radio station) in the early hours of Monday morning. I am absolutely devasted as RJD was always my favourite heavy rock/metal vocalist bar none - I came to hear his work first with Rainbow, then Black Sabbath and his own band, DIO. Always a great vocal stylist, live performer and definite metal songwriter - his shadow and towering influence will loom large across the metal genre for a long, long time to come.

Best regards,
Darren

P.S. Saw DIO a year or so ago in London at The Astoria (one of the last shows at that legenadary theatre venue in London). The band's last UK Tour was cancelled for Ronnie's health reasons. Now I am so glad that I saw the great man in action for one last time.

Apparently it was cancer.... he was getting treatment from the same oncologist that worked on Eddie Van Halen for tongue cancer.

Very sad news, totaly agree with Mole's sentiments, I was a big fan of Dio, particuarly his early Rainbow work as well as Heaven and Hell era Sabbath, he was one of the greats!

I saw Ronnie James Dio at my first 'concert' July 28, 1976; he was vocals for Rainbow.

Although I went to the show to see Ritchie Blackmore, I was quite impressed with Cozy Powell (RIP) & also with Ronnie James Dio.

Metal & rock have lost another great one; RIP bro' ..........................

Sad sad news,didn't noticed that the last days :cry:
Still have him solo and with Ritchie on vinyl,he was an inspiration for me since 25 years.RIP,Ronnie..

A tribute to Ronnie James Dio with the SX guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfzVE4Hpus4

blunty said:
A tribute to Ronnie James Dio with the SX guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfzVE4Hpus4

Well played Blunty, that's one of my favourites, the first Rainbow album still sounds good today!

Back