Korean made Epiphone Les Paul from 1997 help needed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompski

Reaction score
My friend has just dug out his old Korean les paul that he bought in 1997, he is toying with the idea of selling it, the serial number is:

U97040221

I know that means it's from the Unsung factory in 97 but are there any experts here that can shed any light on this era of Epiphone? is it likely to be a good les Paul?

Regards

Tom

Yes I realise there is an Epiphone forum, but I was hoping to avoid joining yet another forum page, or is the mere mention of Epiphone not tolerated here? I just thought some omeone might know something?

Tompski said:
I know that means it's from the Unsung factory in 97 but are there any experts here that can shed any light on this era of Epiphone? is it likely to be a good les Paul?

Regards

Tom

Without pictures, not a clue

marcusnieman said:
Tompski said:

Regards

Tom

Without pictures, not a clue

Ok
Finall got round to servicing this guitar,photos below,
not sure it's all that great, even acoustically it sounds a little bright rather than warm but I am not yet familiar with Les pauls or copies , plugged in it is ok, good growl and good sustain just perhaps lacking in proper depth and character, but that could easily be down to the electrics and hardware.
Also is it me or does the body appear to be made of Ash rather than Mahogany? not being an expert but the wavey lines in the grain remind me of Ash.
It weighs just over 9lb/4kilos
My friend bought it new at ?350 in 1997 does anyone have any idea what it would be worth now if sold?

Cheers

Tom

Aprilkingslandrd2010082.jpg

AlanHawkesLesPaul017.jpg

AlanHawkesLesPaul014.jpg

AlanHawkesLesPaul013.jpg

AlanHawkesLesPaul009.jpg

AlanHawkesLesPaul005.jpg

AlanHawkesLesPaul004.jpg

AlanHawkesLesPaul003.jpg

Nice but a bolt neck Les Paul isn't going to sell for nearly as much as a set neck. Hard to estimate a price in this economy.

you should go to eBay, and do an advanced search for completed listings, for Epiphone Les Paul :wink:
you should be able to see what comparable examples have sold for AFA price range

don't know about the bolt on necks but the set necks had alder bodies I believe .............

Latest posts

Back