Online shops in UK

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outsider

Reaction score
I'm considering upgrading my Ibanez Super 58 humbuckers to Fralins or Lollars and just thought that since the Euro-Pound exchange rate is still quite good, I could maybe order the pups from UK. Could someone please help me find some shops that deliver to EU that might carry these boutique pups? Thanks in advance.

Hi Lauri/Outsider,

I recommend that you try Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience (CCGX). They are one of the most professional guitar shops and repairers in the UK. I am unsure what their policy is on mail order to Europe though.

http://guitar-xperience.com/onlinestore/

Best regards,
Darren/Mole Man

You could always take advantage of the weak UK pound and buy a set of Bare Knuckles. I have a 'Stormy Monday' neck pickup on one of my guitars, and it is a fantastic PAF type pickup, definetely as good as my Perter Florance Voodoos.

Wonder how much Bare Knuckles pay to JohnA for all these plugs.......?

:eek: :wink: :p

stratman323 said:
Wonder how much Bare Knuckles pay to JohnA for all these plugs.......?

:eek: :wink: :p

You don't think I paid for the ****** Stormy Monday do you :wink:

Only Joking!! They are great pickups, and just doing my bit to help our failing economy, and for Europeans buying from the UK has got to be a good option at the moment. Until recently it was cheaper to but a set of Florance/Lollar/Fralins from the USA than buy BK's, not any more though!!

True. And Bare Knuckles seem to be cheaper than the stuff from Shed (another UK pickup manufacturer), to be fair.

^ i thought shed were marginally cheaper than BKP... :)

there are several UK boutique pickup guys... bareknuckle, shed, bulldog, rockmonkey, swineshead, etc. etc. all worth a look, most likely (i've only tried bareknuckle and swineshead thus far)...

Thanks guys for the insight. I kind of made up my mind about the Lollars because I had their pups in my Telecaster and they were just great. But maybe I need to take a look at what else's on the market. It's just so hard to decide when you have a lot of options and no real way of knowing what you are getting. And the only thing that I really know is that I loved the Lollar Tele-pickups...

I agree, it's hard making a decision based on little but the manufacturer's sales pitch. The only site that really gives useful descriptions & specs for their pickups is the Seymour Duncan site. Shame a few more companies can't copy some of that.

Agree on Seymours site, unfortunately I don't really like what I hear there... The articles I've read about Jason Lollar gives an idea that he really knows what he's talking about and it's not JUST sales talk. And the fact that I liked his T-Specials so much makes it a bit less difficult, I guess.

Oh well it's payday today. :D

Dave_Mc said:
^ i thought shed were marginally cheaper than BKP... :)

And you?re right.. Shed pickups are a bit cheaper than BKP.. and shipping is free anywhere in the world..

Bare Knuckles charge ?135 for a set of P90s. Shed charge ?160. I reckon that makes the BKs ?25 cheaper a set.

stratman323 said:
I agree, it's hard making a decision based on little but the manufacturer's sales pitch. The only site that really gives useful descriptions & specs for their pickups is the Seymour Duncan site. Shame a few more companies can't copy some of that.

true, but the soundclips are horrible. :lol: well, not that they're horrible, just you can't really tell anything from them...

and i didn't realise you were talking about p90s, shed is cheaper for humbuckers. :) as far as i'm aware, anyway, he seems to be redoing his website and i can't access it at the moment to get prices...

going back to the original question, if you really like the current lollars you have, then by all means go for the lollar humbuckers too- those imperials have a really good reputation as far as i'm aware (but i haven't tried them). just worth remembering that just because you like his tele pickups doesn't mean you'll like his humbuckers, but at least they'll give you a fair idea of the general quality.

The SD soundclips may not be much use, but the detailed specifications are useful.

Shed has a new site:

http://www.shedpickups.com/

of course, i didn't mean to suggest that they weren't. :)

and just my luck that the new shed website was under construction on the very day i needed to click it :lol:

Back