Growing older

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
Got my first real gig in 10 years coming up tomorrow, really excited about it but....

I've always been a bit of a Rock God (in my own head) Les Paul slung low, Marshall Stack etc, but I've just been listening to some recordings of our last rehearsal, and not only am I playing a Strat, I'm playing it clean most of the time, and if I didn't know any better I seem to have turned in to a Country & Western player without knowing it :eek:

Whereas I got my first ever pedal board last year, & I now often use a wah pedal & two different overdrive pedals. And I can't resist playing my new ES130, after spending most of my life thinking that 335s were not really cool, and definitely not right for me!

:lol:

Shows we're both open-minded John.

:wink:

Good luck with the gig.

Mike

Have a good time, man! I always thought I was a rock god, too, but now my setup's gotten even weirder...

Then: V>wah>JCM800>loop>delay>chorus>loop
Now: Ibanez 2630 (335 clone)>wah>digitech whammy>Framus Cobra

Thanks for the kind words guys!!

Dave, it's the Bridge Hotel, Newcastle if you're interested in taking the Mrs for a night out?? :D

I'll do my best to be there - either the mrs or a mate :lol:

What time are you playing?

What guitars have you decided on?

Dave

Venue:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/12/1218/Bridge_Hotel/Newcastle

We'll be on around 9:30ish, support band on 1st, no idea what they are like (probably better than us:))

Two Bacchus Strats will be my Axes of choice for this one, can't get a Les Paul to work with the band, but haven't given up trying!!

My combo cab hasn't turned up yet so it'll still be the JTM45 and 4x12 (I hate carrying that thing!!) and my all-new collection of old Boss pedals that confuse the life out of me and make my guitar sound worse!!

Hope to see you there!!

Alan - Will record it on my Ipod, but it probably won't turn out great!!

Mick - Cheers mate, I'll go hard C&W style :wink: As for Groupies, didn't get that many when I was young and slim, so not expecting them in any great numbers!!

Rich - I agree 100% it's about enjoyment, but part of that is getting to use all these guitars that up 'til now haven't been getting the use they deserve.

I hate to tell you this, but "the old codger" is younger than you or me.

:lol:

Yep it's tonight, just packed my 4x12 in to the car for the first time in a decade, I'm sure they're heavier than they used to be :wink:

'Old Codger' will report back tomorrow :D

JohnA said:
Yep it's tonight, just packed my 4x12 in to the car for the first time in a decade, I'm sure they're heavier than they used to be :wink:

'Old Codger' will report back tomorrow :D

Rock it daddio! 8)

Back