• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1989 Greco EG59-70 w/ pink case

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckmeister

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm selling my 1989 Greco EG59-70 with pink/tan japanese case. Everyone looking probably knows what it is and where it came from if not just PM me and I'll give you the history. I'm selling because I don't play it as much as I use to.

The condition is excellent on this guitar. The coat is a nice cherry sunburst that is so thin it looks like a nitro coat. I fooled the local guys at my music store in town into thinking that it was (it fooled me too). The guitar is older so it does have scratches and some of the coat is peeling off in areas. This is great if you like the semi-used look like me. There is one seemingly bad blemish though. On the back of the headstock in between the neck it looks like it is cracked. I had this checked out and was told that it is just the poly coat cracking.

The structural integrity of the guitar is solid.

As for the sound...I love it. First, time I heard it I would play it unplugged for hours just letting the notes ring out. I think I timed it at 20 secs on my low E string. It is even better plugged up!

In case you are wondering the neck is a C type medium neck. Not too think or to small. It is like the old 70s Les Pauls.

I weighed the guitar when I first bought it and it came to a nice 8.9lbs on the post office scale.

Another thing about this guitar is the grain. I LOVE THE GRAIN PATTERN. It isn't flames galore but it is nice. This is the only picture I have of it now, but I will post more pictures later on of the whole guitar.

358546633_l.jpg

As with most nice stuff pictures really do not do this guitar justice. I will take some more and post them on my Flickr and post the link here for all to see.

The case is unknown. I believe it is an old Greco or a Tokai case. I bought them separate so I'm not certain. From what I have seen I believe it is Tokai.

Asking price is $950 USD for the whole thing plus shipping. I will ship to USA. If your from another country I'll see what I can do about shipping charges for you.

Price is negotiable through PM only.

This guitar really is in prime shape. I don't want to let it go really. I need the money though and can't justify letting it sit there.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back