• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudor

Reaction score
I?m looking for a new/old LP.

I?m a rookie and the information I got from the forum helps but it is also confusing if you are not an "insider" and if you?re not focussed on a certain type of guitar you want to have.
I?m playing for about 30 years now, mostly solid body Fenders, but my style changed to blues. I fell in love with the LPs, bought an Epi custom/Korea (because it was cheap) and changed the PUPs immediately, they were ********. With the new Lollar HBs I got a great tone but it wasn?t really that special I was looking for. I am going to sell this Black Beauty on ...bay, she?s a heavy girl!
I do not have the money to buy "around the world", to hide all my treasuries in a good tempered room. I need a workhorse, that I can play without a backing - if I try it.
Is it a Tokai, a Greco, a Burny, an Edwards???
It must be a lightweight, must stay in tune, must look good( no dongs, because I don?t like the relics, not red, not blck, not white, not CSB) and must sound beautiful!
Is someone there to give me advice??
Thanks
Roger :cry:

I'm sure there's a nice Love Rock on ebay at the moment. Seller from Germany too.

Thanks, Deadman, I think I should go from the bottom to the top!

So, some Japanese Sellers didn?t answer my inquiries about some very nice LS85Qs... Perhaps they don?t need to sell guitars!

Seems to be better to take the offers from Europe and the US first.

Go on chasing after the right one! :wink:

tudor said:
( no dongs, because I don?t like the relics, not red, not blck, not white, not CSB)
Maybe it would be easier to help you if you tell us how it should look, not how it should not look... ;)

Thanks, Hans-J?rgen, for your comment.

As there are just 6 specs I don't like, I restricted myself to those few! It seems to be clearer for those who read it! :wink:

Nevertheless: I made my decision today, because I am selling my Epi-LP on ...bay. I will start with an Edwards, a 90LTS, in tobacco sb, with SD pups. If I don't like the sound, I will give my Lollars a try.

I've learned alot from this forum and so, I think it is a good choice for my purpose now.

Thanks for all who gave me valuable tips without knowing anything about it! :D

Back