• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

sold

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have come to understand that this guitar is a custom shop 58, correct? and not a 100% historic? Am I correct in regrads to this? I would love to know more about the guitar.

Thanks

The serial number comes up as a figured top R8 in butterscotch finish from 12/98, originally shipped to a dealer in MI.

Les

mercman said:
The serial number comes up as a figured top R8 in butterscotch finish from 12/98, originally shipped to a dealer in MI.
Les
Hey mercman, how you found this out? Just wonder ...

Yep, its a '98 Butterscotch figured top R8. Just like I said before....

I bought it from Scott at Woodshed Vintage Guitar in Indiana three weeks ago. Maybe he can tell you more about it. They have a website. Google is your friend. Or just call Gibson with the serial number.

I bought two of them the same week with the intention of playing them both and keeping my favorite. Its a great guitar, but Im keeping the '02 Lemonburst R8 in the pic above.

Thanks, but not interested in trades. Sorry.

I'll do $2700 shipped in the US for a forum member and ebay in a few days if it doesnt move at this price

Latest posts

Back