• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTT: '84 LS60 laminate top for a MIJ Goldtop w/P-90s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuie

Reaction score
'84 LS60, 3 piece back, Cherry Sunbrust, Laminate flametop, ~9lbs, possible refret, bridge pickup changed. No serious buckle wear on the back but there are some marks from jean rivets. Awesome player type guitar. Cosmetic damage around d-string tuning key. No fret buzz, doesnt need a setup, plays itsself :)

WTT for a MIJ P-90 equipped Goldtop in similar condition. Must be a player! Preferably a '54 with the wrap around tailpiece. Finish is unimportant, but I dont want anything thats been broken and glued back together, needs a refret, or has a twisted neck.

3 day inspection offered on my guitar as long as you grant me the same. References available. Would prefer to deal in the US due to the inspection period.

DSCN40371125105335.jpg

Will do. Thanks.

Wow. Nice collection. Mine are all PAF style also. Ive really got GAS for something different.

Honestly, Im not very optimistic about a trade happening. Im looking for a refin project. My initial thought was to convert my LS60 to '54 bridge and P90s, and then strip the poly and respray with a solid color nitro finish. I figured Id see if someone would rather have it as it is.

Up on ebay.com with $1.00 starting bid:

http://cgi.ebay.de/84-Tokai-Love-Rock-LS60-flame-top-MIJ-Japanese_W0QQitemZ7382365688QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like the sister to my 1984 LS60, by the way, except for the 3-piece back.

Thanks Hans. You're quick! I guess you have to be to find the good deals on these. I have no idea what its worth. I know I paid a little too much for it, but we'll see how it does w/no reserve. Listing was sceduled to start last night.

FWIW, a bit of trivia concerning this guitar:

If you have an early Komet, this was the guitar that was used to test it! The guitar had a real PAF in during this time that was changed to the Gibson pickup thats in it now when it was sold.

This was the main test guitar in Riverfront Music in Baton Rouge, Louisiana when the first Komet amps were being prototyped and sorted out. The guitar continued to serve as the test guitar for the Komets for a few more years after the shop went full production and was moved to its current location across town.

Heres the linky to the US version of the auction....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7382365688

Guys, what should this thing sell for? Im a little pissed that the auction isnt getting more action.

Anyboy have a nice MIJ Tokai Tele or strat copy they want to swap for the '84 LS60? I may yank the auction tomrrow and just bring the guitar to a show to swap. I really dont want to give this one away.

Back