• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted 1978-79 Les Paul Reborn

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GStormcrow

Reaction score
If anyone has one of these for sale in good original condition please pm with details. Thanks

Was already talking to Mark who owns that site. I think the prices are a bit much. The LS80 sold for ?975 and I am getting one for ?800

fair enuff thats me !! they are high but you gets what u pays for ..it was a bit less than 975 all prices are negotiable ..one non reborn ls80 went for 1725$ couple days ago 800 is v good price ..

Thanks to GStormcrow and his mail on Gibson LPs in eboards, my wallet is coming out again as I am now in the market for a reborn too.... Anyone know of any available?

Mark, I think I was talking to you earlier on the same topic....

Oh - and a long shot but does anyone know of any Bacchus BLSs going?

Cheers!

Sorry - meant boards.ie!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=275419&highlight=tokai

Ah you're a boards member. Cool. I'm expecting my guitar next week and I'll put up some pics on boards and here and let you know what I think. Really looking forward to getting it now

Yeah, it's a pretty active area in the instruments section - pretty witty regulars. Take a look. I've been reading for about a year but only recently started posting....

Who did you buy from in the end GS? I was in musiciansInc today and saw a few Tokais - here was me thinking that I might have got ahead of the crowd in ireland! Even musicmaker had a few japanese ones. Full of praise - but they were selling them...the guy in musicianinc was pretty disparaging of Orville by Gibsons though (musicmakers never heard of them...)...got all excited by G&Ls (I missed out on a Legacy by ?3 on Friday)!

The best bit was when I was asking about the fender strats they had in musicmakers and the 'salesman' started riffing away with me having to shout over him to as questions - to any non-irish guys, musicmakers are pretty well known as having a decent stock but absolute toss-bags as sales people!

I agree with the tosser bit in Musicmaker!. :p I bought my ES100 in MusicianInc. In fact I bought my Patrick Eggle and Washburn acoustic there aswell!

I buy most of my stuff in Musician Inc. They guys in there are good enough and they have no problem knocking a few quid off here and there or throwing in some stuff when you buy something. Rodrigo y Gabriella have a practice room in there upstairs I think. Met them in there one day which was also cool. Not a fan of musicmaker. The last few times I went was just to play some really expensive taylors upstairs. The kinda chubby man that works in the acoustic section is a nice enough guy though. Was up there one day jamming with him for about an hour. Really really good on acoustic. Anyway back on topic eh... oh yeah I got the guitar through a private sale from Germany. Someone else bought a tokai off him a while back on ebay and I just contacted him and asked if he had any reborns. Told me he was getting one in so I asked him to hold it. Very nice seller. Been very helpful. Ebay username is Golfredo I think

re the guy disparaging Orville by Gibsons...doesnt know what the hell he's talking about ...these are fine fine guitars ..I should know. I have had over 50 of them through my hands..the quality is consistantly excellent, I test every one I get tonewise up against my 2 gibson historics ..and they are on a par ...the construction method is the same as Gibsons historic series ..and the fretwork and inlays are better excecuted ...I would say that the ObG's and tokai LS-80's and above (the only changes above LS-80 are cosmetic) are of a similar quality ..ie all the features of a gibbo historic ..apart from the crazy prices..greco's are pretty nice if you can find a high end one ..burnys are ok too.. but none I have seen are long tenon or nitro finish...
I deal in japanese guitars from the 80's ..and am a bit of an anorak when it comes to ObG's ...I love them ..they are fantastic value for money and wonderful guitars ...rant over.. :)

I'm with Villager on this too - Orville by Gibsons are fine guitars- Ithink they are a bit of a 'sleeper' that gets overlooked. The quality was superb on the few examples I've encountered.

I just purchased an Orville by Gibson - I've been into Tokais and it's the first ObG. It will take 1-2 weeks depending on payment & shipping speed until I have her here. I will let you know in the "Other" section about how I will like it!

Back