• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

U Stamped Goldstar Pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I have got a set of three "U" pickups that have been screened by Chandlers, if you are interested. I never finished the project they were for, so I would just like my money back for them if poss. ?60 + postage.
Let me know.
Bob

Thanks for the reply Bobtastik :D

I may take you up on that.

I've just gone mad on ebay and have 2 Jap Strat's and some Bare Knuckle Trilogy Pickups on their way to me. So I've spent this months
pocket money!

excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "Screened" ?

Cheers

Hi Chris,
The windings have had thin metal wrapped around them and a wire link added to the earth to stop outside interferance from lights & power sources, as happens with most single coils. This work was done by Charlie Chandlers apparently !
By the way, I have just ordered a set of Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots from Griblin Engineering in USA, pre-wired with their special loom, which will be interesting to see what they sound like. Let me know what you think of the Bareknuckles when you get them !

I'll let you know how they are when they arrive Bobtastik :D

I think I've bought the wrong set anyway, they were a bargain on ebay at ?70. I was looking for something to achieve a SRV tone.

Tim at Bare Kunuckles said the Irish Tours set would probably been a better solution.

The Trilogies are really high output 11.2K Neck and Mid and 15.5K for the Bridge !!

Hi Chris,
I had a set of Trilogy's. I thought they compared well with Texas Specials, but brighter, not as muddy. They arent too hot that they dont sound like Strat pick ups though, so you will probably be OK. Tim's a nice guy to talk to, I think hes the Guitarist in Ozmosis & knows his stuff. I paid ?200 for my pre-wired Trilogy Set, so you got a bargain ! Good Luck !!

I have a 2 tone 50's style Goldstar with maple neck which some one turned into a heavy metal machine in the late 80's. Mid and Bridge routngs were widened to take Humbuckers !!!

It's got a Khaller Trem and single coils added not, but only the neck pickup is original.

I want to get it back to as original as posible now, hence why I'm looking for the U stamp pickups

chrisheyes said:
(snip)
I think I've bought the wrong set anyway, they were a bargain on ebay at ?70. I was looking for something to achieve a SRV tone.(snip)
Hi Chris, I have to give the highest possible recommendation to Jim Wagner's "SR" p'ups (originally known as "SRV" set).

I've been gigging with Strats for 33 years & currently have 4 Strats with various highly thought-of p'ups (Lindy Fralins, Duncans & original Fender 1964 p'ups), but the Wagner ("WCR") SR set just blows them all away imho - more 'Fendery" than Fender, instant early Rory Gallagher with the middle p'up on it's own - all those classic Strat tones, in spades. From Jimi to Ritchie to SRV, & everything in between - absolutely stunning.

Jim Wagner's a great guy to deal with too - I've bought 3 sets of p'ups from him now & he got them to me (from S. Cal to Hong Kong) in under 3 days each time. Details / sound samples etc. here : - http://www.crcoils.com/

Now selling 2 of my Strats & lusting for a nice high-end Springy to try a set in... :roll:

Latest posts

Back