• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2009 Tokai LS-470 VF (No longer for sale)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisqle91

Reaction score
EDIT: Taking this one off the market.

This is Tokai's top of the line model. It is equivalent to LS-540 of today's production line.

Brazilian rosewood fretboard, Honduran mahogany, AAAA hard maple top. The guitar is fully original with NOS Bumblebees (when is the last time you saw a guitar come stock with NOS 'bees?) and J.M. Rolph pickups that Rolph makes exclusively for high-end Tokai's. The all lacquer finish is quite thin.

9.75 pounds. Comes with OHSC and accessories including key, sales card, truss rod tool.

This guitar is stunning all-around. The pics are not glamour shots; they were taken in my apartment with some window light. The top is just that figured. The mahogany grain on the back is gorgeous.

Photo album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/153840324@N04/albums/72157679701050558/with/47531356181/
47531356181_d03beddf55_b.jpg

The maple top on my 2000 LS-320 looks similar to the top in the OP picture; I believe the flames on mine are a bit wider.

My 320 has never been altered in any way, and the pick guard was never installed, thus no screw holes for a pick guard.

My 320 would be one of the last of my LP types that I would offer for sale.
Why sell something with such excellent, era correct timbers, and that's besides the rarity factor?

Keeping mine :D

Latest posts

Back