• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vanzandt Strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrazenPicker

Reaction score
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wulfh/sets/72157633090305361

1,500 Euro shipped and paypalled in a Vanzandt gig bag, from Belgium.

The neck is a fat C and the frets vintage size. Plays very comfortably in spite of the small-ish frets. Probably something to do with the very nice neck shape. If you like Nocasters or the necks on the Navigator LPs, you'll like this.

It's always subjective, but for me this was the benchmark Strat in terms of tone and feel till I bought a great vintage Strat and a D'Pergo, so now it's surplus to requirements and I need to recover some funds.

I first played it about 7 years ago when it belonged to Harold, when we both still lived in Singapore, and it took me 2+ years to beg, cajole, implore him to sell it to me. He himself got it in a used guitar store in Singapore where it was listed for 2,500 Sing dollar at the time. I'm not sure about the model designations for this brand, but with the one-piece body and flame maple neck it must have been a high-end, limited edition. Frankly I don't really care for flame maple necks or bursts on Strats, but what makes it special for me is the way it vibrates and how the neck feels. If it doesn't sell I'll probably get the body refinished and keep it.

This is the OP here. I got locked out of my account on Sunday after trying to update my email address, so can't reply or see any PMs until the admin reinstates it.

If you have questions or if you're interested, please PM me here, on MLP (Brazenpicker) or TheGearPage (slowerhand). If you already PMd me under "BrazenPicker", please do so again.

Ha, I should give people a cue number. :)

Really don't think I'll put it back on sale again. I put new strings on it last week, and I'm still surprised how the new brand of strings made it suddenly much more lively again and brought something back I had forgotten was there. I'd been using Newtone and Pyramid pure nickel roundwound srings the past few years, and I knew they were a bit darker, but I'm surprised to what extent the cheapo, brighter hexcore strings made a difference.

Latest posts

Back