• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2001 Tokai LS-200 - Like New Condition

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Reaction score
Well howdy!

It's been a really long time since I've last logged in, let alone posted. I am the original owner of this guitar and it's never left Japan. I purchased it from the factory but unfortunately I no longer have the paperwork. It's been kept in a climate controlled house for the last 15 years, always in its case. After 15 years, I'd be embarrassed to admit how many hours I've played it; not many at all.

When I say like new condition, I mean LIKE NEW CONDITION. The only flaw is that the pickups have started to pit around the edges. (The bridge could use a quick going over from someone's greasy hand.) It still has the original protective stickers on the back access panels! Dunlop straplocks have been installed and I will include the male sides so you can mount them to your strap.

It will be shipped with the original case and never installed pickguard and hardware.

I suspect if you're in this thread, you have a good idea of what an LS-200 is all about. Long tenon, PAF humbuckers, ebony fretboard, maple top (not veneer), nitro finish over a thin poly coat, and the sweat and tears of Tokai's factory workers. The SN is 0104788 and I recall it being a sister guitar to another member here.

I've been searching the 'net for what could be a fair price and I see a lot of older 80's Tokai's and a lot of Korean stuff; not much in between.

$2,000. Buyer pays shipping and is responsible for customs/taxes, etc. I know shipping to the U.S. will be $100. Anywhere else I'd have to do some research.

More pictures are available here: http://s893.photobucket.com/user/backyardbullet71/library/Tokai%20LS200

Hope everyone is doing well!

Dana
(Tokyo, Japan)

All of the pricier models have them. Don't see why they would put chrome over brass. :-?

3026-3063-3071.jpg

SOLD!

And with that, I no longer own any Tokai's.

It's been a blast picking up guitars in Japan, playing them, and reselling them!

Thanks Tokai Registry!

Dana

Back